Recent DN Changes

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1611
C/P
Week of 27 October 2008
Wednesday: Uplink Report Highlights

Ion Television is now available on channel 280 for both Western and Eastern Arcs.

New international channels: SAB 575, EKSHY 750, TVSLZ and RDSLZ 757/756 (Arabic/Egyptian?), PSNES 834, BDMAX 867. Further name information is requested at our tip line. At the same time, 610, 667, and 755 moved from 61.5.

755 is now BVISN. It is a likely replacement of ART Sports or a programmer change.

XETV HD will be added soon...it is currently added as unavailable on 6411.

Casper, San Angelo, and Abilene got channels on 129. Is there a move in the works?

New: WHDT, a unique digital-only independent. It will be on 8874 map 44 for both arcs.

New: WMAK, another digital independent. It will be on 9319 and map to 7.

Preview dance: DIY -> Fine Living, GSN -> Hallmark Movie Channel.

USA and SciFi in the 5500 range were turned on.

New: KTLA and KWGN HD. They were turned on today.

WXAX was made available today.

More MPEG-2 gets the ax: 6205 and 6207 are gone. One viewer described the change as "one minute Real Sports was on, next thing I know I'm hearing a Dish 500 slate".

Programming note: 10 November will be a News Monitor Monday with super-coverage of earnings for Dish and EchoStar, a Tech Chat, and any news items I get.

Multichannel News: History en Español, which made its debut on Dish earlier this year, has made its way to DirecTV.

The clock is ticking in Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas. KBTV, the NBC affiliate, will take Fox, leaving KUIL (a low-power station) out of a network affiliation after the end of the year and Dish customers out of luck if they want NBC. KUIL is carried on Dish, so if they pick up NBC, it will be carried.

Silver Member
Username: Ustaad_hc

Post Number: 671
thank u.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us