Unable to update VS Ultra

Bronze Member
Username: Smurf316

North Carolina

Post Number: 20
I have downloaded the new code to my USB. I turned the power off on the back switch then I put the USB in the Ultra. I power it back up and when i go to Receiver upgrade and click the USB it only flashes! I know it SHOULD give me a screen and show me the file but nothing. When i go to the Receiver Info page it shows the OLD file is still there.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1604
Mike...Try downloading factory bin 132 first.

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 792
1...Have you ever uploaded any file with a USB stick before?

2...ever used this particular stick before?

3....ever formatted this stick before?

4..what is stick size?

5...did ya ever read the Ultra Manuals?

Bronze Member

North Carolina

Post Number: 21
Yes i have uploaded with USB stick. I have tried 2 sticks and nothing so far. Something is not right because i should STILL get a screen with the new code when i click on the USB.

Silver Member

Post Number: 793
3....ever formatted this stick before?

4..what is stick size?

5...did ya ever read the Ultra Manuals?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12638
Mike - This justforhaha is a non-helper that will make you look very small. don't listen to her and don't answer any questions from her.
zulu has given you the right direction.
Sometimes you have to use the serial cable and loader software to reload the factory BIN. Then use a fat32 formatted USB stick to load the latest BIN.
Get your BIN from
[link removed] or
[link removed]

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1442
I downloaded one of Nalin Nyda's killer bin files and it fried my reciever so beware. Take it from a gold member.

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 962
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 07:16 pm: Edit Post
Mike - This justforhaha is a non-helper that will make you look very small. don't listen to her and don't answer any questions from her.
Sometimes you have to use the serial cable and loader software to reload the factory BIN. Then use a fat32 formatted USB stick to load the latest BIN.
Get your BIN from
[link removed] or
[link removed]

---------------------------------------
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

You must be made from the stuff scum grows on .. your truely one of a Kind

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 106
Leave the ultra on
Insert the stick, you should see initializing usb port, on the screen
When you do, go to menu, user settings, update software and hit OK.

Scroll down to the bin and hit OK.

It should load.

If it doesn't take, format the stick to fat 32, download the bin file, unzip it, then drag the unzipped file to you stick and do the above.

Not hard.

Silver Member

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 107
Also, leave the box alone while it is doing all this. It will reboot, then take the stick out

No need to do the factory file over.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5126
mike g harris
Upgrade your receiver with the cable.

Install this new loader:

[link removed]

Load this new factory file:

[link removed]

Now with USB
Load this new Satellite info:

[link removed]

Load latest bin file.

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 57
Why was Some of the posts here deleted
but this post of Nalin Nydas bashing another member and spamming was not?

Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

Posted on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 - 07:16 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get your BIN from
[link removed] or
[link removed]

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5128
The new factory bin is V0143, if you dont want trouble with your receiver, load this one from Viewsatusa.com.

The satellite info give all new satellites available as Galaxy 18 and Anif F3

Silver Member

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 111
You don't need a new factory file. If you want it fine, but the new bin will load just fine with out it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 799
Most common problem is operator error...and not correctly formatting the thumb drive...also should download to puter, then from PC to thumb drive..also don't use large 4g thumb drives..

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5132
Mike i have a Vs Ultra and if you want a receiver without any problem listen me.
The new factory bin have a new interface.

Those guy does not have this receiver.

Silver Member

Post Number: 801
Plymouth quit bashing us all and trying to discredit us...WE do know about FTA and receivers and solutions...You really have much less experience than most here, contrary to your beliefes...I've been doing this hobby for 10 years...we are much as capable or more so thanyou to help...this is not to bash you, just to INFORM you...

Also you don't know LK at all, if you've only been here since this year 2008..so you should watch yourself and NOT bash him or others here in your ways..you are making many enemies, not friends , by doing these bashings! ...basically you're a newbie here and to FTA compared to many here now and past..

and what I posted about Thumb drives etc is absolutely 100% truth, so don't ya ever try and bash me again for posting correct info!

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5136
And you dont have this receiver.
You are not able to know how recover it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 805
Plymouth.. I have been given almost every receiver on the market for free to test prior to releases..so don't tell me what I know or have!...You don't know!..and I will never tell you all I know or have..in fact, I will tell you like everybody, never admit to using any receiver..

Listen pal, keep this crap up and I and others here can be your worse nightmare...or best friend..so you decide how you want to be treated..I hope this is perfectly clear to you..

Silver Member

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 112
I happen to have this receiver and have NEVER installed a new factory file, and NEVER had a problem installing new files. It isn't necessary, plain and simple.

I am sure you have good luck with doing all you do, but if it ain't broke, don't mess with it.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5139
LOL

Silver Member

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 114
Doesn't take much to amuse you.

What I posted is the truth. ply mouth, maybe you should try it the next time you have a problem unhooking all your cables and hooking them back up, instead of doing a hard re boot.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5144
Mohamad Obama

This is a USB problem not a hardware problem.
Right!

I had recovered a VS Pro with the same USB problem.

Viewsat had provided new factory files for corrected different bug.

Silver Member

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 117
I had the same problem and I had to clean off the usb stick by formatting it. I had about 20 files on it. After cleaning the stick and formatting to fat 32, using the same stick and a clean version of the file, it went right on like a new box. I have never used the cable with the ultra and I have NEVER reinstalled a factory file.

My ultra is one of the first to come out and has the same factory file it has on it since new.

That is no Bull.

Silver Member

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 118
By the way, the usb port is part of the hardware.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5148
Mohamad Obama

I get over 20 satellites with mine.

When we install new bin files, many times that move the settings on the satellite and created bad data in the receiver, if you use only Dn you could not have bug.

I never format a USB key.

Your right the USB port is a hardware, but if the port is not assigned in the receiver you will not use it.

Note i don't reply for bashed anybody but help this guy.

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 152
anyway, there is a new ecm now

Bronze Member

North Carolina

Post Number: 22
I happen to have this receiver and have NEVER installed a new factory file, and NEVER had a problem installing new files. It isn't necessary, plain and simple.

I am sure you have good luck with doing all you do, but if it ain't broke, don't mess with it.

Obama you were correct.
My computer was sending the file to the wrong place. I clean out my Stick and downloaded the new file and presto! NOW 3 hours later they release ANOTHER ecm!! I just got me reciever 2 weeks ago and can't enjoy it. this REALLY pisses me off!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us