Read This if you bought a Pansat Between 2003 and 2008

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2309
Read This if you bought a Pansat Between 2003 and 2008
Echostar wants Panarex(Pansat) to reveal the buyer's identity for each Pansat sold between 2003 and 2008. See attached adobe file.
"Plaintiff further asserts that the receivers, which are
distributed through authorized dealers, contain firmware and components that enable the devices
to accept the download of illegal pirate software, a capability that has no practical application other
than to circumvent plaintiff's security system. Id., at 30. Plaintiff served each of defendant's
authorized dealers with a subpoena under Fed.R.Civ.P. 45 seeking the identity of each person
who purchased or received a receiver from January 1, 2003, to June 30, 2008, including the
person's name, address, phone number, email address, as well as the purchase date and other
information concerning the receiver."

http://www.zshare.net/download/50135763a1adae0c/

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 1592
They can´t do a thing until you allow them to catch you with a bin file loaded into the box.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2310
hey whats up zulu.i know just wanted to share this info i came across

Silver Member
Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 105
RTAP
Echostar wants Panarex(Pansat) to reveal the buyer's identity for each Pansat sold between 2003 and 2008. See attached adobe file.

Panarex(Pansat) don't have information
on a buyer they sell only to their Distributors.

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 226
Echostar sent subpoenas to the authorized Pansat dealers for the info, now they must comply.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 3004
in the US a business is required to keep records for past three years only

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 973
www.eff.org/files/filenode/echostar_v_freet/order%20granting%20protective%20orde r.pdf

They tried the same with freetech

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 227
Yeah this judge made reference to the C00lsat case. Footnote 2 in the Oct 15 doc.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12430
"Further, any use by plaintiff of the purchaser information obtained pursuant to the subject subpoenas shall be limited to this action. For example, no information obtained by plaintiff may be used to initiate litigation, to threaten potential litigation, or to seek to resolve potential litigation, based on suspected signal piracy."

Silver Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 183
Pay cash...

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 5011
Always pay cash for receivers

Silver Member
Username: King_of_sats

Post Number: 443
All the dumbchit's that always followed the links LK posted and bought from a dealer... Might wanna call a Lawyer =P

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 664
Boba...when ya want a new car, ya go to a dealer...well, same thing with a new FTA receiver...

so STFU and pull your head out of your azz...don't try and blame me for Dishnet's attempts with legal actions!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12469
justforhaha's:
Get lost if can't use civil language when posting.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1411
Ya your right justforhahas Boba is just a loser. And Nalin go f uck yourself.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12472
justforhaha's:

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12477
All the vowels are in this message.

justforhaha's:

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
nalin, haji looser...STFU and go back to the Middle East and all your Haji twisted sisters and brothers , ya fu*cking towel head loser!...I'm sick of you HERE , on the internet, at every 7-11 store, telemarketing, and taking over everything that is NOT yours and telling others and REAL people and TRUE citizens, how to act and talk!...GO BACK TO THE HOLE YA CAME FROM!...or fu*cking go blow yourself up, ya azzhole!...leave all of us here in the US and Canada alone...SCREW lesbo biich!...go back to your sandbox!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12479
You have to patient and pick one vowel at a time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12482
ANYBODY CAN SEE

YOU ARE RETARDED

WITHOUT EVEN LOOKING AT YOU.

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1416
Sounds like Nalins been drinking tonight.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12484
I can't see any angle - perhaps there ain't any.

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 2126
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOO.
THE QUESTION IS :IS BUYING A PANSAT ILLEGAL????????? THE ANSWER IS NO IT'S LEGAL CAUSE IT'S FTA RECEIVER. FREE TO AIR . IF THEY PROUVE THAT A SoFTWARE IS DOWNLOADED IN THE RECEIVER IN ORDER TO GET DIC*KK THEN IT BECOMES ILLEGAL . TO DO SO IT'S HARD. SOOOOOOOOOO ALL THE THE TALK IS bs BS bs ,

so if u buy any fta you go to the jail or pay a fine . i never knew that buying an fta receiver is same as buying cocainaaaa. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Ajdarwin

Post Number: 275
I have two C**lsat 6000's, and they have the factory flash. I have a Fortec Lifetime Ultra, and it too has factory flash. I use FTA as FTA, so I have no problem. It seems strange that they will try to go after everyone who buys an FTA receiver. It would be like going after everyone who ever bought a gun, trying to find who used a gun to commit a crime.

Silver Member

Post Number: 671
hey DTV did it and got away with it for many years...just for buying an iso programmer that has many legal uses...and they exorted monies from ya through attorneys and civil suits that usually scared most people into a settlement that was cheaper than hiring an attorney..

Also remember that Echostar just requested the same thing from Viewsat recently via the court system...and Viewsat agreed and is complying now, if ya send in your receiver to them for repairs..

So anything is possible, no matter how LEGAL and SAFE, you think you may be...Also remember, are you willing to pay an attorney $10,000-$20,000 and possibly lose a case, instead of settling for $3000 and then having no more worries from DN..

Remember DN and Bev are BIG BUSINESS, and will do anything for a buck...and most FTA users are just common people trying to get by...News of this Echostar/Dishnet action against Pansat should give ya food for thought and make ya all be a little more caucious with your postings and wordings, and how ya continue in this hobby...

(NEVER say "I get PPV's on my FTA receiver, etc"...instead say "I heard FTA is capable of getting PPV's")

BTW...thanks to RTAP for this original post here...it makes ya aware of reality and think..

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5034
-Buy your receiver at local reseller and give false name and pay it cash.
-Never return a receiver for repaired, buy a new for 120$ and try to recover the old with help from many sites like Ecoustics.
-Dont use dish from DN or Bev, buy a generic dish and LNB, install a motor if it is possible and get many true Free to Air.

Noboby are able to say which satellite you get with motorized dish.

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 980
c/p
Case No. 8:08-cv-590-T-30TBM

Here, Dish alleges that Ward distributes and promotes the sale of FTA receivers and pirating software as well as publicizes
his own use of FTA receivers and pirating software to intercept Dish's programming.

Bronze Member
Username: Jay_w_grayson

Prague, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 49
The Snitch
I guess little early for him this morning forgot he was a Frenchman.
Very good English and spelling.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 5037
FTA TESTER
with all the complaints which I had, i try of well speaking.

Bronze Member
Username: Fakeman1

Germantown, Maryland USA

Post Number: 92
I say Hog Wash
Like Joe Willis said above
It would be like going after everyone who ever bought a gun,
trying to find who used a gun to commit a crime.

When a Black Manrapes a White woman
do they go and arrest all the Black Man?

DN and Bev are BIG BUSINESS, Yes they are but they are no fools.

Btw why all these True FTA satellites
if you can,t buy a FTA Receiver to watch
their channels?

Silver Member

Post Number: 674
FTA was first began in Korea, many years ago, maybe 50 or so...so many 3rd world countries have it for their way of watching any TV!..so thats why TRUE FTA is available and used in many places..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us