Viewsat Ultra - 0 Quality

Bronze Member
Username: Jawalla

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 31
I am installing a Viewsat Ultra for a friend and for the life of me I cannot figure out why it is showing 88 signal strength and 0 quality when Im trying to setup the dish. It works well on an already installed and pointed dish but the one I am working on it shows 0 quality. I am using a basic Sat finder and getting very strong signal strength for the 61.5 satellite and it seems in the right direction based on angles etc.
For every satellite I am picking up on the finder, the Ultra will show good signal but 0 Quality. I am using a basic LNB with an 18"dish (the most basic out there)

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 217
The Quality tells you when you are locked onto an active transponder that your receiver can "see". So you need to set the receiver to transponder that is for standard definition, and not a spotbeam, and make sure the LNB type is correct ("basic" may mean standard, but look at the LNB and if it has a DP logo, should be set to ocs-dp).

For 61.5, try setting tp frequency to 12326 to find quality.

Bronze Member
Username: Jawalla

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 32
therepo, thanks for the insight. It is a standard dual LNB (no marks or logo). I will use the frequency setting you mention. I am not using a switch, should I worry also about the (DisEsq) switch settings. I have it at none.

I am a Pansat gut so this Viewsat is new to me.

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 219
If you have a standard dual LNB and no switch attached, no don't worry about diseqc settings, you leave it at None.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us