Viewsat Ultra Lite HELP

Username: Smurf316

North Carolina

Post Number: 8
I just got mu Ultra lite today and i CAN NOT get it set up right. I am new to FTA so i tried to follow a guide and i did get sat 119. I tried to go back and get 110 and now i can't get either one!!
I was hoping you guys would know where i could find a step by step guide for this set up?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4906
Ask your question and we will help you.

North Carolina

Post Number: 9
I have finally got 119 back on.
but i know i'm not getting all of the channels. I have tried to get 110 but no luck with that one. I followed a guide but when i try for 110 i screw up 119. I have a Superdish that was installed when i bought my system. My DN receiver had no problem getting a signal on 119 or 110 so i'm thinking i'm not doing something right with the Ultra Lite}}.

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 211
If you still have your DN receiver, run check switch and it will show switch and ports. Post what you see if unsure.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4920
Mike Check your skew(slant)

If you are not able to get both sats, that is because the slant is no right.
You should rotated the dish in back in accord with your position.

Use dishpointer.com

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12398
After scanning 119, disconnect in the antenna settings and then scan 110, either using switch 2 or switch as "None".

North Carolina

Post Number: 10
I don't have any port named on the LNB option. I'm really concerned right now with trying to bring in 119 as i am missing ALOT of channels. I did check my skew and it is right. When i had my DN hooked up i never had any signal problems so i think i don't have an LNB set right or some thing like that.}

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 218
You need to designate a switch setting for each LNB you are using. Either inspect your equipment, or cycle through the switch settings in your antenna setup menu. When you change a setting and you see a different sat ID pop up in the top right corner of the screen, you have found the setting for that LNB/sat.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4927
mike g harris

Try to set the LNB on Universal
LNB High: 11250
LNB Low: 9750

And do autoscan

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 220
For 119 or 110, LNB type is either Standard or OCS-DP (dishpro), not Universal. You can look at the LNB(s) to see if there is a "DP" logo, meaning DishPro. If no DP logo, type is Standard.

LO frequency (LNB frequency) is 11250.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4932
therepo
If he use a Generic LNB like this one, this is the good settings:

http://www.ftasatellitedishreceiver.com/lnb

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 221
IF he were using one of those funky LNBs, the LO frequency would be 10750.

But the OP says "I have a Superdish that was installed when i bought my system. My DN receiver had no problem getting a signal on 119 or 110" ... meaning it was a DN install, if I understand correctly, so not using the funky LNB.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4935
therepo
You are right

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 659
hey repo...I know of a "plymouth" that needs a repo...he hasn't paid his dues yet....looks like ya got him on the hook and starting to drag him away...and he's falling apart....LOL

Bronze Member

North Carolina

Post Number: 11
You guys have been a really big help! Many many thanks to you guys for all the advice.
I Had the LNB port set wrong. I switched it to the DishPro setting and now have lots more channels. And i now can get 110' very well.
The only other thing that i can't figure out is i am STILL missing a few channels I think on 119'. I don't get MTV, FUSE, HISTORY CHANNEL and DISNEY.
Is there something i can try to fix this or is this pretty much all i'm gonna get??

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2998
post your antenna settings for both birds here so we can help

Bronze Member

North Carolina

Post Number: 12
Sat 119'W
LNB POWER ON
LNB TYPE OCS-DP
LNB FREQ 11250
22 KHZ OFF
TP FREQ 12239
DISEQC 1.0 PORT 3
MOTOR OFF
LEGACY SW OFF

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12406
The usual setup for Dishpro for switches is:
119W - DISEQC 1.0 PORT 1
110W - DISEQC 1.0 PORT 2 or "None"

TP freq is
119W - 12239
110W - 12224

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 223
Yes, Nalin mostly correct for a DishPro twin LNB, the diseqc settings are 119=1 and 110=2.

Selecting "none" will use the default setting of whichever port the coax is connected to. So, if connected to the port under the 119 side, setting 110 to "none" will default to 119, not the desired sat selection. (On a Quad LNB, with 4 output ports, the ports default to 1=119, 2=110, 3=119, 4=110).

In this thread, the OP stated that he has a Superdish, but we have yet to hear what the LNB configuration actually is. DishPro twin? Is another LNB connected? DN 118/119 LNB with separate outputs and 110 DP LNB connected to DP34? In this case, any LNB can be connected to any port.

Bronze Member

North Carolina

Post Number: 13
Here's the LNB Configuration from what i can see.

Disk Switch
DISH PRO VIDEO PATH MULTI DISH SWITCH
MODEL # DP34 107107

Switch Set up.... all 3 connections are connected.
TO DISH #1 CONNECTED #2 CONNECTED #3 CONNECTED

TO SAT RECEIVER.... 4 PORTS AND 2 ARE CONNECTED.
#1 CONNECTED #2 CONNECTED #3 EMPTY #4 EMPTY

LNB DISHPRO #151019 LOT# 0410

I have 2 other LNB's that look different. 1 is oval in shape and the other is skinny and come to a sharp point. This system is a Dealer installed DISH NETWORK SUPERDISH. I have not changed anything outside on the dish. It is the same as the day they installed it.
I have tried setting 119' to port 1 and 110' to port 2 but i can't get a signal on port 1 for 119'. i can only get a signal for 119' on port 3.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12422
"getting some channels" - Are you sure you are getting 119 channels attaching to Port 3 or are you getting some locals from an antenna. - or stated differently, you have 119 and 110 - what is the third LNB?

Bronze Member

North Carolina

Post Number: 14
Nalin
I think the 3rd LNB is for sat 61.5 ??
which i have not botherd to program yet. It has to be 119' channels i'm getting with port #3 because i don't get a signal with any other port.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12423
1. Please name the TPs you see on your "119" - also some chanels.
2. Are you able to visually trace the actual wire from the 61.5 LNB and see where you are connecting to the DP34?

Bronze Member

North Carolina

Post Number: 15
LIFETIME, E!, A&E, SCI-FI, WE, FX, TNT, HBO W, CINEMAX E, MOREMAX.
I am missing a few HBO's as well. I just notced i can also use PORT 4 for 119' and it has the same quality as PORT 3. Is this the TPs you need?

TP FREQ 12239

I can not see my cable run because it is buried.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12425
There is still a little confusion. You have DP34 Switch. It does NOT have an input port 4, only 1,2,and 3.
All outputs ports 1,2,3,4 should give identical output. That is not the issue at all.
TP freq is a bit higher up in the Antenna menu. That should be 12239 as you have. Further down you should have a list of TPs your are scanning. They would show up if you attempt to do TP scan.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 224
Mike wrote:
"I have 2 other LNB's that look different. 1 is oval in shape and the other is skinny and come to a sharp point. This system is a Dealer installed DISH NETWORK SUPERDISH. I have not changed anything outside on the dish. It is the same as the day they installed it."

It is indeed a superdish, not retrofitted, and has 3 single LNBs. It is either (originally) for sats 121-119-110 or 119-110-105.

As single LNBs, they can be connected to any input port on the DP34 switch. Sounds like 119 LNB is connected to port 3, and suggests that the installer connected 105=1, 110=2, 119=3.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12426
While waiting for Mike's input, I must comment that concern remains as to why he can't get 110 (is that true?) and why he is not getting all the 119 channels.

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 225
I think Mike said above he gets 110 quite well, but notices some missing channels on 119. There is likely missing on 110 as well. Perhaps previously scanned them with standard LNB setting, so needs to factory default, setup as OCS-DP Lnb type, then rescan.

Bronze Member

North Carolina

Post Number: 16
therepo....
It is indeed a superdish, not retrofitted, and has 3 single LNBs. It is either (originally) for sats 121-119-110 or 119-110-105.

As single LNBs, they can be connected to any input port on the DP34 switch. Sounds like 119 LNB is connected to port 3, and suggests that the installer connected 105=1, 110=2, 119=3.

You are correct Repo.
There is NOTHING on port 1. it is dead for all sats. This is for 105' i think.
I have got it up and running now and i am getting ALL channels on 119' and 110'.
You guys are great and thanks so much for the help. here is how i got it to work. I hope this can help someone else...

SAT 110'W
LNB POWER: ON
LNB TYPE: STANDARD
LNB FREQ: 11250
22KHZ: OFF
TP FREQ: 12224
DISEqC: PORT 2
MOTOR: OFF
LEGACY SW: NONE

SAT: 119'W
LNB POWER: ON
LNB TYPE: OCS-DP
LNB FREQ: 11250
22KHZ: OFF
TP FREQ: 12239
DISEqC: PORT 4
MOTOR: OFF
LEGACY SW: NONE

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12435
Good you are up and running. It is a bit of a puzzle, since DP34 does NOT have 4 input ports and yet you seem to have port 4 input active.

However, all's well that ends well. Record your settings, so you can look them up when necessary.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us