DIsh 500 LNB problem

Silver Member
Username: Fahadriz8

Post Number: 122
Hey guys i have a satellite connected and its a dish 500. This is what the lnb looks like.

http://www.rrrsatca.com/images/DDTLNB_dish_twin_LNB-L.jpg

However, as long as ive had it installed ive only used 1 lnb for 119. Now that lnb is not working anymore. My question is since there are 2 lnbs, would the other lnb still be working if i just climb up and change the wire to the other port?

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 206
Why is the LNB not working anymore? The picture shows a Legacy twin. Its made for 119 and 110. It has an internal switch uses Legacy SW commands where 119=Dish 1 and 110=Dish 2. this can usually be controlled using SW42 command. If you meant to put a picture of a DishPro twin (has a DP logo), it would have internal diseqcs where 119=port 1 and 110=port 2.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4897
Vince you needed to realigned the dish and adjust the "skew"(dish slant) with your location.

It seems that this LNB work with Legacy, try to select SW21 on Legacy mode

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
k thanks plymouth. but dont u think that my lnb is a problem since i only get 29% signal? shouldnt the signal be higher even if the dish has moved?

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 207
The voltage (signal strength) will go up when there is a quality reception from an active TP.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
o ok so my best bet is to reallign the dish?

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 208
yes, is it a legacy as in your picture, or does it have a DP logo on it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
yes i just checked it has the same logo on it as this pic.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Dishes/DISH500img.jpg

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
the lnb i meant has the same logo as in the pic! so what should i try? and is there a chance the lnb might be not working?

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 681
At 29% signal and 0 quality, may be a good idea to check your connections, maybe you connected to ANTENNA IN instead of IF INPUT

I get 29% signal and 0 quality with IF INPUT disconnected

My 2 cents

Silver Member

Post Number: 128
yep i i tried all that man

Silver Member

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 209
29 signal strength when not locked on a TP is fine. So sounds like you need to repoint, maybe there were high winds?

Anyway, so you have a DP twin. Here's instructions:

* Make sure the mast is DEAD LEVEL. You can place a small level on the top of the mast, and turn it 360 all the way around. If the bubble stays in the middle, the mast is level. You can then put the dish on.

* Set the skew for your area. Different dish-pointing programs will instruct the skew setting differently. That is OK, if you realize that it is a reference from 90 degrees (straight) to a twist clockwise or counterclockwise (standing behind the dish). In broad terms, on the east coast you rotate clockwise, on the west you go counterclockwise. So, for example, one program gives you a skew as 77 and another gives 103, you know you turn 13 degrees from 90. A good dish pointing program online is here: http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

* After setting the skew, choose one or the other LNB side to aim first. From behind the dish, 119 is on the left, 110 is on the right. You select one or the other by diseqc port selection in your receiver, where 119=1 and 110=2. It doesn't matter which you choose first. (If selecting 119, have TP frequency set to 12239 as 12224 is spotbeam, and make sure LNB type is correct, DishPro in this case). Find quality with the selected LNB and look for the proper Sat ID to pop up. Peak pointing with the dish for highest quality for this sat.

* Change diseqc selection to the other one you were not using, and the other bird should be there. IF you leveled the mast perfectly and you have the skew correct, it will be there unless there is an obstruction.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2994
you get good signal when you have good cable and connectors from receiver to lnb
and you get good strength when your dish is positioned correctly and your lnb settings are correct,
by the way lnb's don't go bad too often

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4900
Vince
Yes realign the dish whit this LNB.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us