Dish to activate Nagra 3 in November

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 648
Important Notice

G3 Smart Card Exchange - Managing Your Inventory

October 8, 2008

Dear DISH Network® Retailer,

Beginning in July of this year, DISH Network launched a project to exchange old (Aladin) Smart Cards in
customer receivers for new (G3) Smart Cards. As part of this process, we are sending new G3 Smart Cards directly to customers with instructions on how to complete the simple installation process. Additionally, we have started to include the new G3 Smart Cards in receivers currently being sold - so for these receivers, the G3 Smart Card exchange may not be necessary.

Support for Un-Exchanged Smart Cards is Scheduled to End in November 2008 - In November, we plan to start the process of shutting off programming to Aladin Smart Cards. Therefore, it is important that you install customers with older receivers from your inventory first in order to deplete your supply of Aladin Smart Cards. The Aladin Smart Cards in these older receivers may be exchanged for the new G3 Smart Cards after they are activated with customers and before any programming shut-offs.

First In, First Out Inventory Management - As a reminder, to help you manage your inventory and ensure your customers have the appropriate equipment, please make sure you are using a "first in, first out" (FIFO) inventory management process. A FIFO rotation of equipment means you install the receivers you received in earlier shipments before installing the receivers you received in later
shipments. This will help ensure that the receivers which have the Aladin Smart Card are moved out of your stock prior to programming shut-offs.
- Please note that there will not be a process to exchange Aladin Smart Cards in receivers that remain in your inventory after October 2008, so it is important to rotate older receivers out of your inventory before November 2008.

Showroom Accounts - The G3 Smart Card exchange also applies to receivers used on showroom accounts. If you remove a receiver with an Aladin Smart Card from your showroom account and then
re-activate it before exchanging the Aladin Smart Card with a new G3 Smart Card, that receiver may not be able to receive all applicable programming after November 2008.

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

WONT BE GOLFING, UNTIL BUICK OPEN

Post Number: 716
Will not be switched to Nagra 3 until the new year.

But not to worry because Satopia FTA BOXES will have "full elephant" as soon as the swith to Nagra 3 is made. Downtime less than 1 day I am told.

Also President McCain will make sure FTA here to stay ...as part of his free trader status.

Bronze Member
Username: Muhhamad_loves_6yo

Post Number: 67
r u sure tiger. It goes against everything tapeman said about october

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12408
Relax. The support for Nagra 2 cards will go end of Novemebr, but I expect there will be nagravision 2 till end of January, 2009.
The major switch to nagra 3 will take place at the same time as the other major event in TV broadcast to digital only for the users of antennas.

Silver Member
Username: Shadow45

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 288
So all of us that have the crappy boxes will have to switch to ....Nfusion or which one?
since y´all saying the N2 support will go down in November , no more puff then?...thats gonna suck a_$$...anyhow , please let me know which box will be the one to go with, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3655
I said
October 29th for B#V +/- 10 days
Maybe around Halloween
And I agree with Nalin end of Jan for D#N
I say Jan 31st +/- 10 days for DN

TW
This Nagra is version 3.4
It will take many weeks if not months
If it is to be broken

Watch FTA receivers sold at $50 soon

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4018
any one still recieving anyone of the channels.

c/p
Bell TV Channels that have switched to Nagra 3
The following is a list of channels that have switched to Nagra 3 thus far:

Channel #/Channel Name/Satellite

180 - Super Ecran 1 - 91
300 - M - 91
320 - Movie Central 1 - 91
423 - NHL Center Ice Extra - 91
426 - NHL Center Ice 1 - 91
427 - NHL Center Ice 2 - 91
428 - NHL Center Ice 3 - 91
429 - NHL Center Ice 4 - 91
471 - CBSHE1 - 82
780 - Play*boy TV USA - 91
781 - AOV TV - 82
782 - Maleflixxx - 82
804 - CBC HD West - 82
806 - CTV HD West - 82
807 - Global TV Ontario - 82
815 - WHDH-TV (NBCHD - Boston) - 82
816 - WCVB-TV (ABCHD - Boston) - 82
817 - WBZ-TV (CBSHD - Boston) - 82
818 - WFXT-TV (FOXHD - Boston) - 82
819 - WGBH-TV (PBSHD - Boston) - 82
825 - WGN-TV (CWHD - Chicago) - 82
852 - Rogers Sportsnet HD 2 - 82
860 - Radio-Canada HD - 82
880 - Skyway

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4969
Sada
423 is up
852 is up

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 4027
its actually 1852
mine shows bad pic on nf..

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4977
Sada
852 is a HD channel and is up on Vs

Silver Member
Username: Tigger_woods

WONT BE GOLFING, UNTIL BUICK OPEN

Post Number: 719
King, I was joshing about Nagra 3 fix

I have no expertese in coding whatsoever, in fact Me like Shultz... I know nothin.

I have little confidence that Nagra 3 will be broken...for sure I hope it is. If it is broken, the people at DN should be replaced by the stock holders for malpractice!!! I mean DTV has managed to do it up tight!

Heads should roll if anybody is ever watchin DN for free again... I hope to see heads rollin soon

Username: Kiki42

Westvalleycity, Utah Usa

Post Number: 3
852 is up on pansant 2700

Silver Member
Username: Extremex

Post Number: 229
HD on a 2700??

Bronze Member
Username: Antonio_montana

Post Number: 53
Well I got me my cement and kevlar lined umbrella so I can be ready when the sky starts falling.

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 929
Hey if the sky doesn't fall can I use your cement ? I think Plymouth would look good in a new set of shoes

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 4981
Not today
We are able to know if the channel is scramble even if we dont have HD receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Antonio_montana

Post Number: 54
ssssssssh t mannnn. This old CS 5000 has been dark for months. I will be ready for the big N3. The Hi def free air is okay for me. Got plenty of cement to go around. OH yeahhh and way to go Norw with the renewed support for the older units that was dated for Oct. WE WILL SURVIVE!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us