Can't get 119W!

Bronze Member
Username: Fixx

Post Number: 11
I have 110 at Q=93 but I can't get 119 for my life. I tried 2 different dish pointing programs and one says skew=113 and then dishpointer says skew=61. I have Dishh 500 Pro w/Dish Pro Twin LNB. Where do I set the skew???

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12364
I am not 100% sure, but with this LNB you are supposed to aim for 119W and the 110W will come automatically in.
Check with Plymouth.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4856
FixX
Give me your Zip code, i will try to help you

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 890
send the Police send the Police

Bad Boys Bad Boys who yah gona call PlyMutt he's dah man.....
Bad Boys Bad Boys

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4860

If you read Paul post you will see that this guy are not able to give a answer but only bashed helper here.

You can give me only your city too

Silver Member
Username: Lol

Post Number: 892
Yup you Da Boy

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 394
I pest control.....

I remove Pest.

Plymouth good boy.

Bronze Member
Username: Blue_monday

Post Number: 21
Nalin Nyda
Platinum Member

Post Number: 12364
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 07:39 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not 100% sure,

I do agree with Nalin she been here over 2 years and has never been 100% sure.

btw I do have something for Pest Control
that he can control

Silver Member
Username: Therepo

Ftaview.com

Post Number: 204
FixX's issue has been resolved.

Here is an FYI on pointing antenna with twin LNB:

* Make sure the mast is DEAD LEVEL. You can place a small level on the top of the mast, and turn it 360 all the way around. If the bubble stays in the middle, the mast is level. You can then put the dish on.

* Set the skew for your area. Different dish-pointing programs will instruct the skew setting differently. That is OK, if you realize that it is a reference from 90 degrees (straight) to a twist clockwise or counterclockwise (standing behind the dish). In broad terms, on the east coast you rotate clockwise, on the west you go counterclockwise. So, for example, one program gives you a skew as 77 and another gives 103, you know you turn 13 degrees from 90. A good dish pointing program online is here: http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

* After setting the skew, choose one or the other LNB side to aim first. From behind the dish, 119 is on the left, 110 is on the right. You select one or the other by diseqc port selection in your receiver, where 119=1 and 110=2. It doesn't matter which you choose first. (If selecting 119, have TP frequency set to 12239 as 12224 is spotbeam, and make sure LNB type is correct, DishPro in this case). Find quality with the selected LNB and look for the proper Sat ID to pop up. Peak pointing with the dish for highest quality for this sat.

* Change diseqc selection to the other one you were not using, and the other bird should be there. IF you leveled the mast perfectly and you have the skew correct, it will be there unless there is an obstruction.

Bronze Member
Username: Fixx

Post Number: 12
Repo FTW. Thanks again man!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12385
The Shadow: Do you have a problem with being here? If so, I suggest you do not post. You joined in August, this year and have no business to be bashing me.

If you do not like it here , do not come here.
If you do not like my posts, they are not for you - they are for the questioner, so I do NOT expect any interruptions and interjections from you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us