Samsung LN37A550P HDTV connection help

Username: Sik29

Post Number: 2
I have a VSX-1017TXV-K receiver, a brand new Samsung HDTV, a Sony DVD player and a Time Warner HD DVR cable box. The way I have everything hooked up is as follows: For the TV it is Component and RCA cables OUT of the HD DVR box and going into Component and RCA IN on the back of the TV and Optical OUT of the HD DVR box into Optical IN 1 (DVR/VCR) on the receiver. I did this type of connection because this way I can watch TV with the receiver and TV speakers on at the same time and have the receiver decode HD channels in 5.1 surround sound.

For the DVD player the connection is as follows: HDMI OUT of the Sony DVD player into HDMI IN 1 on the TV and I'm using a Coaxial audio cable going out from the Sony DVD player into Coaxial IN 1 (DVD/LD) on the receiver and RCA cables going OUT from the Sony DVD player into AUDIO IN on the back of the TV.

My problem is whatever I am watching, weather it is TV or a DVD there is a HUGE echo and it sounds like a really bad concert hall. When I turn the volume down/mute on the receiver the echo goes away but when I turn the volume back up the echo returns. I have talked to Samsung tech support about this problem and was told the there is nothing wrong with my TV or the way I have it wired.

I have tried every type of cable connection/configuration that I can think of and nothing works and I am totally convinced that this is a problem with the receiver and I am also convinced this is a setting problem.

Please help me with solving this because I am at wits end.

Username: Westdc

Ammissville, VA USA

Post Number: 5
VSX-1017TXV-K receiver, I would suspect the surround setting of your Recevier,

Start by changing the recevier setting in the surround mode first. Example (Concert hall setting)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us