Tuning TV to Panasonic DVD DMR-EH5757

Username: Old_fella_62

Perth, West Australia Australia

Post Number: 2
Sorry but i'm new at this and was wondering if anyone can help out. I am trying to tune TV stations to the HDMI 3 Slot on my Panasonic Viera flat screen TV. The TV is hooked through via a HDMI Cable to a Surround sound (Sony Amp) again via a HDMI cable to the DVD Recorder. It plays discs ok complete with surround sound, but for some reason can't seem to get any TV stations.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2356
­
Hello John,
I assume your model number is actually DMR-EH57 and I am assuming you are trying to tune in TV stations that are broadcasting over the air in your city.

To ask the obvious, do you have your aerial hooked up to the aerial input on the back of this recorder? Did you select "Australia" during the initial setup? If so, then you should be getting channels on the recorder's internal tuner. Just to confirm, however, you can re-scan for local channels by choosing "Auto-Setup Restart". That would be "FUNCTION MENU"®"To Others"®"Setup"®"Tuning". Then you select and OK "Auto-Setup Restart".­

Username: Old_fella_62

Perth, West Australia Australia

Post Number: 3
Hi John,
Thanks for the reply, I guess I was trying to be a magician in that I thought the HDMI cable took care of everything and I didn't need an arial cable. Problem is I don't have a spare one as they are hooked up to a Sky Set-Top Box and also a Blue-Ray Disc Player. Can I use a Splitter maybe?
Cheers. John

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2357
­
In order to record any TV programs, that recorder must be fed a signal from something -- an aerial (or antenna as we call them), a set top box (cable or satellite), or a straight cable. You should be able to feed an audio/video signal from an output on the set top box directly to the recorder. The channel tuned in on the box would be the channel you would record on the DVD recorder.

The name of your cable company is called Sky?
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us