Does anyone know how to set up a (b75) pansat 2700a from scratch??? null cable, GTRom Loader v27.02, most recent file fails....download is 0% (can someone educate) please..NEW PANSAT 2700A HELP

Bronze Member
Username: Skeptik

Artica

Post Number: 65
Does anyone know how to set up a (b75) pansat 2700a from scratch??? null cable, GTRom Loader v27.02, most recent file fails....download is 0% (can someone educate) please..

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2139
March 5, 2008
New ECM by DN and BEV on March 4
ALL BINs CAN OVERWRITE EACH OTHER.
You will be installing the 254 version,
Jvvh_254_Nkk.bin or
jvvh_254.bim
A. THESE INSTRUCTIONS APPLY TO:

Pasnsat 2500A and named and nameless clones of 2500A
Forect LifetimeUltra
(If using an original pansat 2500a or clone or ultra, install 293T or 294T Bin first)
Any of above whether converted or not converted.
These instructions may be used for a new conversion or for upgrading existing conversions

B. Sites for download of files.
All files that you may require are included in this package. Older and other files are available at:
[link removed]
[link removed]
[link removed]

C. Preparation:
1. WRITE DOWN YOUR CURRENT TV SETTINGS AND ANTENNA SETTINGS.
2. Make a directory or subdirectory called "jvvh"
3. Unzip full_kit.zip into this directory.
4. In the Needed directory, you should have
BL Updater 1.4, 225,280 bytes,
jvvh_208_2500to2700.bin, 640KB
Jvvh_254_Nkk.bin
jvvh_254.bim
5. Straight RS232 DB9 F/F cable.
6. Receiver should be switched off.
7. Connect computer to receiver via serial port using 9 pin F/F DB9 cable above.
8. optional: (may be needed) {b75_m_1.bin, 64KB, jv_205.1.bin, 640KB,
jvvh_208.1.bin, 458,752 bytes jvvh_218.bin }
9. Note that you do not need the full jtag files.

D. Action:
Go into Windows explorer and find the jvvh directory. Go to Needed directory..
Double click on BL Updater 1.4
1. Methods of installation.
There are two methods of burning (installing) these files. They only differ in when to start writing. In Method one, you click on Write at the same time as turning on th ereceiver. In method 2, you turn on receiver, and as soon as receiver shows "b", you click on Write.
Method 1: Files that are boot files or contain boot file may be installed with switching on of the receiver and clicking on "Write" at the same time. These files are:
jvvh_208_2500to2700.bin, 640KB (Select "BIN" in updater) Preferred
jv_205.1.bin, 640KB (Select "BIN" in updater) Good alternative
b75_m_1.bin, 64KB (Select "BOOT" in updater) Use only if above two do not install the BOOT
Method 2: Files that are pure BIN upgrades are preferably installed after turning on receiver and clicking on "Write" when "b" shows up on the receiver.
These files are jvvh_211 onwards to the latest BIN or CS_218T_lightning onwards to the latest BIN file
In either method, after clicking on "Write" you must Wait whilst the receiver is showing a anticlockwise rectangle and later the receiver will show b75 flashing and the Computer will show "BURN". The receiver will reboot and show b-7-5 and then stop for a while on 5. Do NOT turn off receiver at this time. When the receiver is showing "ON", then only the process is complete and you can turn off the receiver. Most failures occur because of not WAITING.
2. Exact Procedure of installation.
a. Install Boot conversion. Skip this part if the receiver is already converted and showing b-7-5 when it is turned on.
If the receiver has never been converted, make sure it has the clone BIN 293T or 294T in it.
Install jvvh_208_2500to2700 using Method 1.
If this fails, install jv_205.1.bin using Method 1.
If this also fails, install b75_m_1.bin, using Method 1. Make sure you select "BOOT" in the updater.
b. Install latest BIN. If the receiver has been converted before or has just been converted as in a. above, install latest BIN using Method 2. Use
Jvvh_254_Nkk.bin or
jvvh_254.bim
E. Connection to TV:
1. With receiver switch in off position, connect the Sat antenna, and the cables to TV.
Turn on TV
Turn on receiver.
You will see b75 go across and freeze on "5".
WAIT
After a little while the TV will come on asking you to confirm Language
English.
Press OK.

2. First do Menu/ default settings (Factory default)
It will ask for PIN -- use 1668 if you have forgotten your PIN, usually a 0000.

3. Next do User setup. The date/time will show as 01/01/2006 12.00 noon. Set time to manual and enter the correct time, date, and time zone.
Make sure summer time is off. Make sure closed caption is turned off.

4. Next do Menu/Dish Setup/Antenna setup
Select your known dishes and use the known DisEqC port connections.
You can connect to ports without knowing which is which using trial and error and the signal strength.

Now do Blind scan (power scan) for each of the selected sats.
You must see both Horizontal and Vertical TPs.

F. Watching TV:
By the time you finish the blind scan, the new keys will have loaded and you are ready to watch TV.
You MUST switch off at the back once and switch on.
You can se up the channels alphabetically or in other ways using Channel Edit and Sort.
You can and should set up P-lock on some P0RNO channels.
You can rename the 5 Favorites using right arrow key.
If a channel does not appear, you can do a separate TP scan.
Also look for it in the list, e.g. channels 614 -- SET may appear in the list as TV 614, and you can rename.

HAPPY VIEWING
If resets occur, try turning autoroll off and Closed Captions off.

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2142
Intructions on how to convert your Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra to a Pansat 2700 CLONE.

First, here's a list of tools that you need:

- RS 232 female-female STRAIGHT CABLE
- Fortec STAR Lifetime Ultra remote control

Instructions/Procedure:

- Please turn OFF your receiver and disconnect it from the satellite & the TV cable
- Connect your receiver to your computer using RS 232 female-female STRAIGHT CABLE serial cable
- Turn ON your receiver and wait 20 seconds
- Open the FortecSTARSTB loader and select the boot file (b75_m.bin)
- On the loader's screen, under the Type options, please select Boot
- Now, please select the correct computer port (COM 1 or COM 2)
- Make sure your receiver is still ON and connected to your computer
- Now, on the loader's screen, please click Download
- Now, wait for it to complete
- After it's completed, you'll see B 7 5 flashing on your receiver's front panel/screen
- Now, please close the loader's window and leave your receiver turned ON
- Now, it's time to load the actual flash bin file into your receiver
- Please re-open the FortecSTARSTB loader and select the flash bin file (jvvh_208_1.bin)
- On the loader's screen, under the Type options, please select Flash
- Now, please select the correct computer port (COM 1 or COM 2)
- Make sure your receiver is still ON and connected to your computer
- Now, on the loader's screen, please click Download
- Now, wait for it to complete
- After it's completed, you'll see B 7 5 flashing on your receiver's front panel/screen
- That flashing B 7 5 will stop and freeze on number 5 for 30 seconds
- After 30 seconds or so, your receiver will automatically boot (It'll turn ON automatically, after 30 seconds)
- Now, please turn your receiver OFF and disconnect it from your computer
- Finally, please connect the satellite and the TV cable to your receiver
- That's It, you're done! Now, you have a Pansat 2700 Clone receiver

Note: After you finish with the above steps, you have to re-scan your satellite(s). After you're done with that, you have to enter the latest keys (Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu). Here's what you need to do after you re-scan your satellite(s):

- Go to MENU
- Then, go to Parental Control
- Then, go to Second Pin and enter 0000
- Then, go to Set Default Key
- Then, go to Nagravision 2 to enter the latest Dishnetwork or BellExpressVu keys

After you enter and store the latest keys, please EXIT the menu and start watching TV!

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2143
hope some of the info helps

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 944
connect 2700 to computer with null cable.

run loader 27.02 , select bin tab on loader , find the latest bin file that you have downloaded and extracted from .zip and select it.

select proper comm port.

turn on 2700, wait till it shows ON or a channel then hit download.

wait till it reboots, disconnect and take to tv

Bronze Member

Artica

Post Number: 68
Tooter I tried exactly that and it does not work...it remains at 0 % what else could it be?

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2150
try the BL Updater 1.4

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 12214
skeptik: Doreen has provided all wrong information - she has posted information about converted Pansat 2500s and Flus.

Tooter has give the right instructions.

Bronze Member

Artica

Post Number: 69
Tooter and or Nalin I tried both loaders BL and GTrom etc..could its non-authenticity be the problem>>>???

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 502
skeptik...are you using a

1.. GENUINE pansat 2700,

2.. CLONE pansat 2700,

3.. trying to convert another receiver to a pansat 2700?

Tooter's instructions are for a confirmed GENUINE...

Doreen's are how to convert an other older receiver such as a pansat 2500, clone pansat 2500, or a Fortec Lifetime Utra (FLU)..

and CLONE (imitation pansat 2700) receivers are similiar to Tooters,,except different loaders and files are used..

Pay close attention to which files and loaders you use..and be persistent and watch your timing and quick with that "write" or "download" button..

Bronze Member

Artica

Post Number: 71
Not sure if its a clone but from what I have researched its authenic...It would not hurt to have te appropriate info to set up (CLONE)...Just realized I did something but not sure if it matters...I had a rs232 straight cable and tried to use several times first before I realized the cable that came with (null) was different..could this be an issue??? Did this affect my box or my computer portal in anyway???

Silver Member

Post Number: 948
Was having same problem loading new 3500 bin with serial cable.

tried all sorts of methods - still stuck at 0%

I restarted the computer, open loader program and it took the new bin.

might be worth a try.

Bronze Member

Artica

Post Number: 72
Its my second time trying it, has been couple of days and my computer has been off...I tried when I first turn it on, the very second I see the b-75 and after it starts up and it at ON and still 0% Im so lost....thx for tryin to help

Silver Member

Post Number: 950
Another way to load is to have the 2700 OFF at the back switch, start the download and turn the 2700 ON.

It should load and have dashes going across the 2700 display.and reboot to ON

If the loader still sits at 0% as it did with the 2700 OFF my guess would be wrong/bad cable - the computer and the 2700 are not communicating

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
If unsure of genuine or clone,then always use the clone file, cause it won't hurt the genuine receiver...but using file intended for a genuine receiver can kill your receiver, if its a clone..

again do as Tooters says, it;ll work...be persistent..may take 30 attempts...also u can always hit the rear switch reboot off/on while attempting the file upload and its stuck at 0%...it won't hurt anything...also make sure the cable is plugged in snug and tight..

and you must UNZIP the file first using Winzip or winrar utility program, before you try an upload..also the loader is usually with the file..

if all fails, as tooter says...u need to try another file from a different site, and try other comports and comport settings in the loader.....usually comport 1 is the default correct one, but not always..as last resort, you will have to go into your device manager and see which comports are available and not used..and i'm presuming you are NOT using a USB port on your computer, if so then thats a completely different situation and fix..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12253
skepti:
The cable for Pansat 2500 converted to 2700 is straight RS232.
The file would have PUFF in it and loader would be BL 1.4

Cable for genuine and clone Pansat 2700 us null RS232.
File has "BL" in it and that is the one for genuine using 27.02 loader.
File for clone Pansat 2700 has word Tivo in it and it can be used on genuine Pansat 2700 but NOT on converted Pansat 2500.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12256
You have told us in another thread that it is a new Pansat 2700 and has a null cable.
If that is the case, let us know if you have a serial port or are you using a USB to serial convertor?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12266
Skeptik: You said: "Not sure if its a clone but from what I have researched its authenic"
Surely you can look at the receiver and tell us what is written on the box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
Pansat...

Summary of Counterfeit Product Characteristics

q The paint color on counterfeit satellite receivers is greenish silver. There is a noticeable difference in the color of the top cover when compared to the front panel's color. Authentic Pansat® satellite receivers are produced in a "Sony silver" color.

q A vinyl protection sheet, which is typically adhered to the top of the satellite receiver, is missing in the counterfeit product. Authentic products always have a protective vinyl sheet applied to them in case of damage during transportation.

q Counterfeit receivers have top cover ventilation holes which are noticeably square shaped rather than a smooth, round shape as the authentic model has.

q The bottom chassis of counterfeit receivers are flat whereas authentic receivers have several more, upward-punched, square shaped holes.

q Counterfeit models have a sticker label listing UL (safety standard) and FCC compliance on the back panel. Sticker label format has been discontinued and is no longer used to list UL and FCC compliance. Authentic models have a UL & FCC clause directly printed onto the metal on the back of the receiver and should be accompanied by a small sticker indicating the month of the product's manufacture (e.g. Sep. 2004 -- (SB)).

q A serial number is not attached on both the gift box and the unit (back or bottom) on counterfeit satellite receiver models. It appears as an alpha-numeric listing such as "4G4- " on the FCC sticker label. There is a possibility that a completely fake serial number may be created and attached on counterfeit units in the future. Authentic Pansat® satellite receivers will list an eight 8 digit serial number consisting of year, month, unit sequence & other numbers and is located on the bottom of the receiver chassis and on the top side of gift box.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12268
Skeptik: Till you can give us some info on the labelling on your receiver, so we all know which receiver we are dealing with, it could be disasterous to keep on trying different BINs.

Bronze Member

Artica

Post Number: 73
Ok...Im gonna try and be as specific as I can...I have a Pansat 2500a, looked up REAL and CLONE pics of Pansat 2500a's and noticed the back of box on REAL has date OCT 2004 (ex) which mine did and inside has a 2-3cm METAL looking chip opposed to clone which is flat and black chip which mine did...Based on this evidence I treat it as as REAL and it took authentic bins but now is conv> PUFF..the Pansat 2700a looks exactly the same on inside as authenic 2500a so assume its REAL..outside front right says: 2700A DIGITAL SATALLITE RECEIVER, below is a square silver shiny sticker says Pansat. Below that says: Stab-USRLS universal satellites automatic location system, next to that DiSEqC 1.3, next to that DVB..All print is really clear..ON the back it has CAUTION box next to that Pansat model no: power: and made in Korea...below that S/N: 6D- 16554 So thats the description..found these pics
http://www.rlrdistribution.com/catalog/clone.php
and everyting matches to REAL except box is Pansat 2700 (IR) and has S/N: 6D- 16554 sticker and another with (b-75 upgraded)now lets break down mistake number 1: It came in box COMPLETE with everthing including RS232 null cable, I had RS232 straight cable for 2500a hooked already and assumed cable was the same cause they look the same from outside 9 pin etc. I turned it on and it reads b-75 twice then says ON. So confident it was b-75 I tried with RS232 straight cable(accidently) had 27.02 with latest BL file..I did when first b appeared and nothing it kept rolling, I read to try after was ON still 0 %..also in before in between and nothing..Did this a few times and it did not work but would still flash b-75 2 twice and turn ON..I started to read and noticed cable was null for 2700a which was in box but I did not used..SoI switched cable from straight to null and used the same loader and lates Bl fiel and 0% KEEP IN MIND i am usial serial port not USB...I then tried Blacklist 1.4 for Pansat 2500a and nothing..tried all dif COM on 27.02 loader and only would take 1 and 3 both at 0% 2 and 4 read error..Tried to re-load b-75 boot same thing..I believe I used clone file and loader but do not recall either way with no success and if that screwed anything up what would it be? cause box still turns on and portal is also good for RS232 straight for Pansat 2500a since I tried on 2500a with RS232 straight cable and worked fine..THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12304
Skeptik:
Please wrap up your Pansat 2500 converted and its straight RS232 cable and hide away the BL updater 1.4.

None of these have any bearing on 2700A or clone 2700A.

Without going into any details right now, can you tell us (based on YOUR findings0 whether it is a genuine 2700A?

If it is a genuine Pansat 2700A, then look at and install using loader 27.02 this factory file
[link removed]
and then proceed to latest BL 294 BIN. You can also use Clonesafe-b75-294-TIVO
[link removed].

If you think it is a 2700A clone then there are much help from the following URL.

[link removed]

Till such time as you are able to scan a sat, you will only see a b-7-5- scrolling horizontally.

Look up jtag instructions and that would be your last resort.

Bronze Member

Artica

Post Number: 74
Nalin...Based on the pics people posted I think is REAL Pansat 2700a...Are you saying I have to scan a satellite in order to load current file?? cause it picks up sat echo 7 and 8.1 but blank since cant get current file...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12328
With the problems you have had, I suggest you scan one sat only by direct connect (no switch) - use the 288 or 292 BIN. You will get something. Then try the 294 BIN. Use 27.02 loader and BL BINs if you are sure about it being authentic.

Bronze Member

Artica

Post Number: 75
I tried your steps Nalin with no success...Pansat ignores download of b-75 factory file, tried boot and bin file also all COMs and o% same for 294 Tivo bin with Clone safe Loader o% Its like my serial port is not communicating with box but I know serial works cause it works for an old 2500a..I tried pressing download as soon as first (b) appears, as soon as I flip back switch, and after it says ON and no luck...(several times each) Is there any logical reason why it simply will not work? could the cable that came with it RS232 null perhaps be bad or am I missing an important and crucial step like throwing it against the wall! lol Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 573
skeptik, since you ignored my advice and tooters, and have aligned yourself with nalin...good luck!...you may have TV before next summer..

Silver Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 368
justforhaha - did you advise him to come to florida so you can supply the necessary entertainment.....

Haha. Haha

Haha. Haha

Haha. Haha

Haha. Haha

Haha. Haha

Haha. Haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
hey you're a real comedian...I'm pissing my pants...lol...stay in school!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12335
skeptik: Use Tooter's techniue for download and if that does not succeed, you will have to jtag.

Silver Member

Post Number: 578
Jtag?....LMAO...I don't think so, stupid!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12337
justforhaha: Get of this thread, newbie old woman.

It is your interruptions causing most headaches.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 4818
Hahaha
Disappear old idiot
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us