Samsung DLP Light Problem

Username: Wrx914

Post Number: 3
I have a 61" Samsung DLP that made a popping noise then went to a black screen. I removed the lamp cartridge and realized that the lamp blew and needed replaced. I ordered the new bulb online and replaced the bulb in the cartridge reinstalled the cartridge and now I have two blinking lights... The Lamp light and the Temp light. It will not power up...nothing. I unplugged the unit for a few minutes, uninstalled - reinstalled the lamp and still the same. Just the two blinking lights on the front with no reaction from user input...ie. power on power off. Help!

tx

Keith

Username: Sarmi040

Post Number: 1
If you replaced the lamp on your DLP TV, and the TV does not come on, and the Lamp and Temp indicator lights are blinking, that means you have not closed the lamp cover on the rear of the set properly.

}

Post Number: 4
Michael,

Thanks for the potential fix... I am fairly confident that the lamp cover has been seated properly. This is not the first time that I have replaced the lamp, and know of the switch that the door activates. I even thought that the door may be the culprit so I reinstalled the door taking my time to ensure the door is installed properly.

Any other ideas?

Post Number: 5
I was told it is either the ballast, power supply or the thermal fuse...

Username: Sarmi040

Post Number: 2
I had the exact same problem this morning after I installed the lamp enclosed in the housing/frame. However, I did not close the external cover. I received 2 blinking lights and would not power up. I went to the Samsung FAQ page, typed in "2 blinking lights" and found the recommendation that I posted on this forum. I closed the external cover to the TV and it fired right up. Sorry, that's all I have for you. Good luck.

Post Number: 6
Turns out that the socket for the plug on the light had moved ever so slightly. While the cartridge was seated properly and the door properly installed, the lamp was not completely plugged in. I simply pressed the plug further in the socked and WALA!

IT WORKED!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us