Best DVD player for 100 bucks?

Anonymous
I am using a APEX dvd player and i have alot of problems with it.

I want a new dvd player but i dont have much money.

I was wondering what is the best Dvd player that is around 100 bucks. maybe a sale that is going on right now something. ecost has some onkyo dvd for 87 bucks.

TIA

Dear Anonymous TIA.. Consumer Reports ratings on DVD players just came out on Saturday on line, the printed edition won't be in the mail boxes for several weeks, the BEST BUY was the JVC XV-N44SL which retails for $100.00 and the JVC XV-N55SL which retails for $120.00 but I purchased it from Amazon earlier today for $100.00 including shipping LESS a $20.00 mail in rebate. This got an excellent rating on line including a site from England.
The Pioneer DV-260 retails at $80.00 retail and got the 4th. best rating out of the 20 that were tested. These are for Progressive-Scan Single Disc Players. No frequency of repair record was offered.

Anonymous
Thanks Sam in Dallas.

I am not educated in HT or DvD players. What do you mean by frequency of repair record? I sthat important? How much would that cost extra?

btw, TIA means Thanks In Advance

so TIA

Often times Consumer Reports will list the frequency of repair records for various tested products such as televisions, washers and dryers etc. This was NOT listed by them for this article on DVD players therefore that data is not available. Normally ,the top Japanese brands such as JVC, Sony, Panasonic and the Dutch Philips all do well, it is recommended NOT to buy a so called service contract as these are simply a waste of money and are only a way to wangle more money from the consumer.

Hi Sam in Dallas, which of the JVC players have the higher rating? Consumer Report usually rates the DVD players by performance attributes (regardless of price) and then assign Best Buy to those with the best performance/price value. Can you tell me the top 5 players in that report?

I've compared both the N44 and N55 - JVC Canada site shows that both players have Adaptive Geometrical Chroma Mapping (for color enhancement I guess) but the JVC USA site shows this feature for only the N55 has it. Does anyone know whether this feature is worth it?

Anonymous
I have another question.

By custmer report.

Which is the best dvd/vcr combo?
I cant go in there site without signing up and paying 20 bucks a week.

TIA

Dear A..It is the Samsung DVD-V2000 priced at $215.00, the cheapest was the Hitachi PV-2V priced at $180.00, was the fifth best out of about 10. I still haven't hooked up the JVC yet, too complicated and now I had to buy another box at Radio Shack which cost $32.45 with tax this, to connect the DVD player to the TV somehow, I think a friend will have to help me as per usual the directions don't match the equipment. Sam in Dallas

Anonymous
The Philips DVD-727 is a steal. Great video and decent audio, plus a pretty user friendly menu interface.... only problem is that you have to rely on the remote control too much, as the player itself only has stop, play, and pause buttons.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us