Sony LCDTV and sony HDD recorder trouble

Username: Thumper808

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys,
I'm totally desperate here. I just bought a sony bravia 46" v series tv and a sony HX780 hdd recorder. I have regular cable (not digital) through the wall (not thru a cable box) connecting to my HDD recorder and output from the recorder to the LCDTV. Here's the problem: when I connect the cable directly into the TV, the picture's great but when i route it through the HDD recorder, the picture is TERRIBLE - whether the unit is on or not. Has anyone else come across this issue? I've tried playing with the HDD settings and they all don't work. I've also tried to see if the TV had any options, surprisingly no...help.

Oh, for connections, I have HDMI from the recorder to the LCDTV...thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 67
I believe you will need to do it the old fashioned way to see the cable channels. Cable wire to DVD recorder. Cable wire from DVD recorder into TV.

I think you may also be able to aslo try Cable Wire to DVD Recorder then either Component (red/blue/green/red-white audio cables) or Composite (red/white/yellow) cables to TV.

You should be able to use the HDMI from DVD Recorder to TV to watch DVDs and recorded material. But I'm almost certain that watching cable channels live will need to be used the ways mentioned above. Perhaps someone else will be along to verify me. However, in the meantime please try it out and let us know if changing the connections worked for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us