New to sonicview

Bronze Member
Username: Labs

Post Number: 15
i have bought sonicview elite. i also use pansat. i get echo 3,7,8.6 i am replacing one pansat box with sonicview. will this combo work? and if so, how to i use dual tuner for recording on sonicview elite.,(maybe should have bought the premier) because i only have two lines coming down from satelittes(one for each pansat box). i would cannot tell what the satelite configurations are because someone installed for me and my roof is very hard to get to. i do know that i have separate sats for echo3 and 7,8.6(separate lnbs)..they are combined together with two lines coming down for each pansat box...please what to do...i do know that this question must have been asked before and if someone can send me link to how to do this. i apologize for asking this again.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 11758
All sites are going to be busy for a few hours till the new BINs are out and some time has gone by.

You need to read. I sugggest you join two the the following and read as much as you can about your receiver.

[link removed]
[link removed]
http://www.totalfta*com

You will need to install a new BIN when it comes out.

Bronze Member
Username: Labs

Post Number: 16
ok. thanks for your help. i do realize that the bins need to be loaded. i guess my questions involves different ways to configure the satelittes and the switches involved...thanks.

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 11772
You said: i have separate sats for echo3 and 7,8.6(separate lnbs)..they are combined together with two lines coming down for each pansat box"

If the three sats have been combined together and two lines are coming down, it must be at least a DP34 switch or even a DP44. You will have 1-2 spare output ports and will be needing to get another line down, if you want to retain One Pansat and use all that the 360 dual tuner receiver has to offer.
"To take advantage of both tuners you will need to run 2 single lines from your switch or lnb into the SV-360 Elite, one into "IF A" and "IF B" ports on the back of the box. While this is not necessary, running only 1 line you will effectively give you a Single Tuner PVR and you could have just gone with the SV-360 Premium Model. "

So I suggest you check the switch from which the two lines are coming and try an discover 1-2 more output ports if there are any. While you are looking make sure you note down the number/type of each of the three LNBs, as there are variations in the LNB/Switch combinations, which you will need to address.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us