Horizontal transponders

Bronze Member
Username: Kanishk

Post Number: 17
Please Help!I have my dish pointed to 82 and 91. strength about 85 to 90 and quality 55 to 75. I am able to scan only vertical transponders, for horizontal no Q or S. Did Auto scan and also blind scan, no horizontals. What could be the reason? I changed the cable,removed the diseqc, still outcome is the same. help is appreciated. Receiver CW600s regular.

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3500
Run a direct cable no D-switch
From LNB straight to rcvr
Use a F/F coupler in place of switch
Do not do blind scan
Do TP scan
See if that makes any difference

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks for the reply. Ateempted running a cable direct from LNB to receiver. Did Auto scan, same results, no horizontals. By the way what is TP Scan?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 4019
kanishk
disconnect cable and check inside the connector if you have a short circuit between nut and copper wire and check if connector is tight on the cable.

Only Vertical result in voltage lost by bad cable, moisture in connector and moisture in LNB

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 311
DP LNB's converts all signals to vertical ...

FTA testing requires to change all Horizontal polarity to Vertical due to the fact that Dish Pro uses stacked technology(bandstacking scheme the IF frequency of the horizontal block is shifted upwards to vertical) They will need to be edited for example( just go to Menu-Installaytion-Tp/edit and set all to V) then subtract all horiz. transps. frecuencies from 25600. enter result as your new transp freq. (IE. on sat 119 transp 6 is 12297h. doing the subtraction, you get 13303. So change transp 6 to 13303). This is needed because dishpro lnbs use an oscilator that runs at 25600mhz. this is mixed with the horizontal transp freqs and new freqs are generated.

Try using a Dish Pro channel list....or vertical scans only...

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3502
Don't confuse Kanishak

List yor hardware, including type of switch etc.

I told yo to bypass switch
Some how that switch is still on
Many times D#N puts DP44 or DP34 next to dish
I think it's DP44

But rather than guessing
List the hardware
And find that switch

If yo do have DPP LNB
Yo can make work like a regular LNB
If yo bypass that switch

And start listing all yor hardware

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Thanks King. Your help is really appreciated. It was the switch DP44. Now it picks up both horizontal and vertical transponders. Saved lot of agony. Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us