Captain 8000 HD BOX reviews

Bronze Member
Username: Buddho81

Post Number: 88
IS anyone testing the Captain 8000 HD receiver??? I was thinking about ordering 1 today so if anyone is testing it please give me some reviews! I was also looking at the new nfusion nuvenio. WHich is about 400bucks!

Cheers!

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3995
RKS
Dont touch it, this receiver is very slow and interface is so bad.
Buy a Cheap Soniview 360 Elite ,Captivework 700s or a viewsat Ultra

We dont know if N3 kill the FTA

Gold Member
Username: Cartier1

Post Number: 2050
PLYMOUTH im missing tv5 the french channel in echo 3. i think it's gone > i still have the one in nimiq but i wanna know what happen to the one in echo3 thanx.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3996
Cartier
Tv5 Monde and Trace are gone

I do a blind scan on different frequency and come back with the result.

Silver Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 297
If you are determined to get a HD receiver, the best is the Sonicview 8000 for $349

if HD is not needed, then get a $135 Sonicview 360 Premier..

Buy from www.southcoastfta.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 2051
IS THIS sonicview hd needs an adapter for DN HD? I KNOW THAT BEV DONT NEED IT . so if it is then 350+150 adapter >

Bronze Member

Post Number: 89
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sonicview-8000-HD-FTA-Receiver-PVR-High-Definition_W0QQitemZ 160284587055QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160284587055&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65% 3A15%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I was going to buy this +

http://cgi.ebay.com/SONICVIEW-SV8000-BOARD-8PSK-MODULE-8000HD-SALE-59-00_W0QQite mZ300259317404QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300259317404&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C6 5%3A15%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

that would put me at 410 including shipping for both!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
i am also debating about the new nfusion receiver too now!!! What do you guys suggest??? Nfusion HD or sonicview hd???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2052
i would not buy nfusion hd . wait it just came to the market . i have the regular one and it stinks in term of changing the channels is too slow. and using internet which is risk, but it more reliable . it;s your shot

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3850
cartier i know old stb had the issues the one u described above but hd
has lots of features

faster channel change
good picture quality
webloader to download
usb port to download
usb port for record (using ext hard drive
ipvr (record directly on computer)
epg feature
and offcourse more reliable than other reciever..
i would love to see if they also have both options using stand alone and iks
currently not available..
if i had money i would had spent on nfusion hd..
both boxes are good in term of reliability
what i think a good box is the box that has better up time ..
if u are not going to see the channels , then what is the purpose of recording, features etc..
nfusion is still being sold for around 180-200 ,

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
sada..You say that this new Nfusion HD has greatly improved their quality..like cartier1 said, pic quality, EPG, and channel changing etc is not very good in the Nova

Do you own one, the new HD?..or is this just heresay?...how can you say their quality has improved?

A little more "time up" does NOT make for a "BETTER" box...if the picture, channel changing, and EPG has poor quality, ,then I'd rather watch a receiver that has a better picture and overall better quality, but goes down for 4-5 hours every once in awhile..I can live without TV for a few hours once in awhile, rather than watch a slow and poor quality box..

The Sonicview 8000 HD is a quality proven receiver. Of course an 8psk adapter is required for DN HD channels, but not Bev HD. Like I already said, if ya really want HD, then get the Sonicview 8000, otherwise for non HD get the Sonicview 360 Premier or Elite.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3999
Soniview is always down

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
RKS...if you are going with an HD receiver..those are good deals you found and highly recommended...just make sure the seller is OK..

Everyone who knows anything about or owns HD receivers will tell ya that Sonicview 8000 is far superior than all the rest....and their software support is EXCELLENT....anybody who says different obviously has never used/owned one..

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
BTW...NEVER listen to Plymouth about anything...he knows NOTHING!...he is here only to be an azzhole..

earlier in this thread he recommends sonicview to ya, then later comes back and says its always down, which is an outright lie and contradictory to his previous post..so ignore this POS named Plymouth...he is here on behalf of Dishnet bofficials and Ecoustics to create more posts and money for ecoustics sponsors...he's a wannabee, who is contradictory cause he's ignorant and a hired FTA killer..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4001
RKS
Hahaha is a newbie
You can trusted experimented Member
Buy a NFusion

Silver Member

Post Number: 307
Plymouth...if ya call 10 years in this hobby a "newbie" than you're more stupid than stupid!

look at you, you can't even read and write.."trusted experimented Member"...ROTFLMAO

and you don't even own an Nfusion or a Sonicview, so what the hell do you know?...LMAO

You're one of the wannabees here that make my day and make me chuckle because of your stupidity..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4004
LK
Disappear and dont come back old idiot

RKS this guy is mod on other sites and try to sell his Soniview on this site, if you do a search on him, you will be able to see, every time he try to push Soniview and give bad info to all members here.

Soniview is down tree time for Captiveworks and Viewsat one time, all the june month Captivework and Viewsat stay up and Soniview down 3 times

It is the fact with proof.
Soniview is a very good receiver, but useless when down.

Take your pill Justforbashing

Silver Member
Username: Jjgee

Palatine, IL USA

Post Number: 154
I thought they were all useless when down.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3851
"sada..You say that this new Nfusion HD has greatly improved their quality..like cartier1 said, pic quality, EPG, and channel changing etc is not very good in the Nova

Do you own one, the new HD?..or is this just heresay?...how can you say their quality has improved?

A little more "time up" does NOT make for a "BETTER" box...if the picture, channel changing, and EPG has poor quality, ,then I'd rather watch a receiver that has a better picture and overall better quality, but goes down for 4-5 hours every once in awhile..I can live without TV for a few hours once in awhile, rather than watch a slow and poor quality box.. "

what cartier was talking about was nfusion sd , with hd model channel change is faster and pic quality is superior ( 2 things that are lack with nf sd)..
i don't own the hd model but i do read / review different boxes..
by the way nfusion sd is not bad too..
the main concern about every rec is more up time..
tell me what is the purpose of spending 300-500 bucks if u wanna watch scramble channels during ecm..
sonic view is good but they lacked iks system...that is must..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2053
I believe i was not complaining about pic quality . the quality is nice . much nicer than viewsat .but changing channel takes little while to pop up. for someone like me who surf too much, change channels so frequently makes me feel sick. the epg mode sucks.
everyone has different needs. so some poeple may not like one box while other loves it . it's matter of self interest in things.
personaly i would not buy 500 dolars box with uncertain future knowing that nagra 3 will knock the door soon .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us