New computer

Bronze Member
Username: Mike_m

Post Number: 50
i just bought an hp with windows vista.my problem was when i went to load the new bin i realized theres no port for the cable it seems to only have a usb port i bought an adapter for the port and it still wont work cant seem to download the bin is there a program for this or a cable with a usb port i,m sorry i,m not that computer savvy any help thanks

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 881
I would make sure you are selecting the correct comm port on the loader -- usually when you run the installation disk that came with the cable it assigns a comm port

(you can find what port the usb to serial cable is assigned to by :
click start on computer , select control panel , system maint. , device manager , look for ports and see what comm port # it is.)

also if you have been using tne NULL cable to load bins with , it will need to be connect it to the usb cable .

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 11662
1. Verify that the USB-to-Serial adapter is properly installed using [Device Manager]. Check the COM port assignment and make sure that it is within the range of COM1 to COM4 (if not, change it). If you don't know how to use [Device Manager], see below.
2. Connect one end of the correct type of serial cable to the USB-to-Serial adapter and the other end to your receiver.
3. Run the loader program and select the correct COM port that matches the one your computer has assigned to the USB-to-serial adapter (they must be the same).
4. Turn on the receiver and download the Bin file.

To change COM port assignment of the USB2Serial adapter, RIGHT-click on [My Computer] A» [Properties] A» [Hardware] A» [Device Manager] A» Scroll down the list to [Ports] and click on the [+] sign on the left of [Ports] A» locate your serial device. RIGHT-click on it and select [Properties] A» Change the COM port assignment using the drop down arrow at the bottom and select a COM port that matches one that your loader program supports. The COM port of your USB2Serial adapter MUST be in sync with the loader program's. Also, every time you disconnect the USB2Serial adapter from the PC, you MUST plug it back into the SAME USB port to retain the COM port assignment. If you plug it into a different USB port, Windows will assign a different COM port to the adapter.

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 329
to tell u in simple words now days new computer doesn't have rs232 port. You need a usb to rs232 to load bins. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 330
does the usb have a connection in between or its straight from usb to rs232?

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 198
No it is a special converter that you buy. It has a USB connector at one end and a RS-232 connector on the other side.

Buy this model if you can. Works guaranteed

http://www.iogear.com/product/GUC232A/

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 199
USB to serial is not a cable solution. It requires a microprocessor inside it. It cannot be a simple cable issue. That is why it costs something
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us