Disconnecting receiver with big subscription, downgrading package, reconnecting receiver

DSSExtreme
Unregistered guest
I have heard of people that have blue cards who had their box disconnected from the satellite signal with extra channels such as movie packages or AT120/180 and then downgrade service or activate on another account that has a lower subscribed package then the receiver would get hooked up later and it would still receive the channels that it previously had. Do the yellow cards also do this? I know that the yellow cards lose their authorization after being disconnected or unplugged for a while but do the yellow cards do this if all of this were to happen within a day or so?

I also know that the blue cards will still receive programming after being disconnected from the satellite for a while even if they are not activated in the stream but I know the yellow cards do not do that.

Also do the DirecTv receivers do this?

Bronze Member
Username: Pawnmaster

Post Number: 11
All recievers will do this as long as you keep them out of the stream long enough to avoid the kill packets.

DSSExtreme
Unregistered guest
If you hook up the phone line and it has more channels than what the subscription has then will they be able to detect this?

How long should someone that has a receiver with a Dish Network yellow card (or a DirecTv receiver) keep the receiver out of the stream? If you call to activate it to turn it back on then would the kill command end?

How long will the Dish Network receivers with the yellow cards be unplugged or disconnected without losing its authorization for the programming?

Bronze Member
Username: Pawnmaster

Post Number: 13
First off Never Ever hook up the phone line!!!!!! That is the easiest way for them to detect what ever you may be doing. As for how long I am not sure exactly. If you called to activate it again the new command would then be picked up and it would wipe all the tiers from your card. Again for how long, I am not sure, I have a reciever that was subbed with all chanels open (except PPV) and it was out of the stream for a month, and it has been running for over a year now flawlesly, only problem you cant order any PPV's, unless you could unlock the card and wipe the purchases, which cant be done YET!

DSSExtreme
Unregistered guest
If I disconnect the receiver before the kill hit comes and then after I call to activate the reciever on another account then wait for several hours or wait overnight then hook it up then it shouldnt get any command that would shut the box off should it? Wouldnt that stop the hit command to shut the box off? Does someone have to wait a time period such as a month before hooking the dish wire into the receiver in order for it to still receive the channels that was on the receiver?

DSSExtreme
Unregistered guest
It worked, didnt know if it would the same as the blue card or not, I just have to make sure it does not get disconnected from the signal stream or from electrical power for too long or it will deauthorize itself.

Anonymous

Surfing on eBay I noticed that you can buy yellow or blue cards for dish network systems. If I purchase a yellow or blue card will it work in my system if my system is currently active or is there additional programming necessary?

Also would the cards work for premium movie or pay-per-view stations? Or just additonal channels of regular subsription service?

Thank you for your time and help,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us