DVD Recorder Problem

Silver Member
Username: Shadycove

Post Number: 188
I have an LG-LRA 850 DVD recorder hooked up to my tv but it will only record in b&w...whats up?

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 63
Are you sure your audio/video feed from the dvd recorder is set to the correct source on the television set?

Silver Member

Post Number: 192
yes it is...the whole thing is kinda complicated...there is a 42 in plazma hooked up to a viewsat fta,a tv antenna,a computer,a surround sound system,a free standing cd-dvd player,a vhs as well as the lg dvd recorder....it all works great...you can record vhs from any source,record cd or dvd from any source,play it all back thro the big sound system...the only problem is tv justs records in b&w on the lg..i can record tv on the vhs and then from there onto the dvd recorder ...lots of wires fer sure...programs from the tv antenna also record well....

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3927
You've got to give more connection info. If there's component cables to the TV, they could be connected wrong resulting in B&W, if there's an s-video cable in there somewhere, one of the pins could be bent or broken giving B&W.

Silver Member

Post Number: 194
ok..there is component cables goin to the tv from the viewsat,the vhs,the surround sound,the cd dvd player and the lg dvd recorder...the only s-vid cable is going from the viewsat to the tv....one thing i have noticed is that when the lg dvd recorder is recording,the vid doesn't appear on the tv as componant 4 as it should it only shows on the tv screen as componant 7 which is the viewsat fta

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
i've got the tv antenna coming in directly to the lg dvd recorder and then out to the tv so i can record those channels internally ON THE LG...I HAVE THE freestanding cd player and the vhs wired into av 2 on the lg and that works fine and i have the output from the tv to the vhs as well as to the lg comming out of componant out on the tv....i can record on vhs from the tv or from the dvd or from the viewsat fine...and also i can record from the dvd player or from the antenna or from the vhs fine as well ...its just when i want to record from the viewsat that in comes in b&w

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
i can simeltaniously record from the viewsat to the vhs and the lg dvd recorder comming out of the same componant out on the tv and the vhs will be fine and the dvd will be in b&w...then i can record what i have on the vhs onto the dvd recorder and it will be fine...nutty,no?

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3463
Better Off Red
Yor connection is wrong
David Massey tried to tell yo that

Yo can't connect reciver to TV and from TV to recorder

Yo have to connect Receiver to Recorder and out of recorder to TV
A matching Input from remote must be selected so yo can watch from recorder to TV

Follow my diagram:

Upload

This recorder is a progressive scan output
i.e.
5 Cables (component out) must be connected from receorder to TV

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
thank you sir i will try it tonite....

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 65
What happened BOR? Did it work this time?

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
yes i just finished tapeing and it works great...thank you all...it seems very simple now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us