No signal on 119(echo 7)

Silver Member
Username: Shadow45

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 278
I need help please...im trying to locate that SAT but i cant seem to find it...by the way , i have no instruments like sat finder and all that...is all by hand..all i got is compass that i purchsed on a gas station..lol...anyhow i got 110 with a quality of 88% but 119 still shows no signal..ive got no obstructions in front of the dish and a clearview to souther sky...so any help will be greatly appreciated...also checked all the settings and are all the way they are supposed to.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3846
Which dish?
How many LNBs on this dish?
Which LNB you use for get 119W?

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2274
we need a little more info to help,always list all your equipment with software in order to help.use these links to align you dish

Satellite Finders (Look Angle Calculators)
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.hollsco.com/Products/SatCalc/
http://www3.telus.net/rampage/skew.htm (Dish 500 support)
http://www.remotesat.com/lookangle.htm

Silver Member

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 279
Sorry about that fellas...i got 2 separate LNB´s 110 is on #1 and 119 on # 2...the dish well is the small one...is nothe 18(dont know the exact measurements),thing is a moved to a new house and before i moved the dish to the new one, i didnt have any problems...what i have is a Lavasat3200 (puff converted) with latest bin ...the settings on both sats are the ones ive had since before i moved...and the conections are all checked, no broken/loose cables/conectors...Thanks again guys

Gold Member

Post Number: 3847
SHADOW45
The only thing i can see is the dish skew is incorrect.

Use it for set it

http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/
Try another port on switch

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 875
also , don't use the first transponder to lock signal as it is not a conus (CONtinental United States) beam

Silver Member

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 281
Got ya...thanks for all the info, ill get right on that to check the skew.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3848
You are Welcome

Silver Member

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 283
Guys...i seem to be in need of further assistance...as it turns out i seemt to have had everything pointed correctly, but still no 119...i decided to check each LNB by conecting it directly to the box...now the 1 inthe centre (110 diseqc 1) said 32% quality and no signal eventhough it was working 2 days ago...i unplugged it, plugged the one to the left of it (119 diseqc 2)..and that one does have signal but only for the 110`s..i dont know what im doing wrong or if that one LNB is busted...can anyone confirm or let me know how i can see if the LNB took a dump?...thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate92

Post Number: 14
I am seeing the same problem.

119 was working fine last nite and now when i goto MENU, Echo 7 shows pointing to Echo 10,11 110.

My DiSEqc is right coz i didnt change that. TP Fred is 12224 and LNG Freq is 11250. I have DP34 switch.

Silver Member

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 284
Yea...i have no clue whats going on...i mean i dont want to end up buying an LNB if its not necessary but darn it , every good channel is in that SAT...so please if anyone can let me know any other way to test the LNB, ill appreciate it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3942
SHADOW45
Which receiver you have?

Silver Member

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 286
Ive got the LAVASAT3200(puff converted)..and the LNB´s well i dont know the brand of them.

Gold Member
Username: Rtap

FL

Post Number: 2281
shadow is it a single or dual lnb

Gold Member

Post Number: 3943
SHADOW45
your problem can be puff file, try factory default and load all files you need for your box, it happen on many box.

Silver Member

Mty, Nuevo Leon Mexico

Post Number: 287
RTAP: is 2 single LNB´s
Plymouth: ill do that , but the weird part is that i loaded up the bin before i moved the dish to my new house.

I´ll try it and see what happens, thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3945
SHADOW45

Buy a cheap satellite finder(20$-) for aligned your dish, i use it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us