DVD recorder set-up

Username: Barry_j

Post Number: 1
I have Comcast digital cable box, and a VCR and hooked everything up according to the manual, but, now I can't access any of my on demand features, thru my cable box, because I have to go thru my DVD recorder to change channels, is ther any way around this,
My other panasonic DVD player(not recorder), just went hooked up directly to my TV, without attaching thru the cable box.
What can i do, please response as soon as possible, I'm almost ready to return the DVD recorder.
Thanks
Barry

Bronze Member
Username: Levelzero

Post Number: 60
Do you have the cable line connected directly to the DVD recorder? If so, you should still be able to hook up the DVD recorder to the cable box via the composite a/v cables. Look and see if your cable box has the red/yellow/white line out ports on the back. I hooked my Comcast Moto DVR to the DVD recorder this way and it worked fine.

I also just remembered that Comcast Moto DVR has component outputs too (red, green, blue) that may work. I cannot remember if I chose the component or the composite at this time tho', but you could start there. You may still have to make sure the channels is set appropriate on the DVR too, 2 or 3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us