Screen half black on Samsung DLP

Username: Mark069

Post Number: 8
I have a Samsung HLR6768WX/XAA and here is a picture of the screen. Samsung website says it's the DLP Light Engine and Tekniton says it's a bad DMD board.

Upload

What do you guys think?

Username: Regguy

Post Number: 3
I think it's broken.

Does it display anything when you send it content?

If it's the DMD board would there be light at all? The engine controls the position of the dlp mirrors, so it makes sense that is what's broken. At least to my mind. I have an early Samsung DLP and the tech came to my house to fix the voice synch issue. When he buttoned it up at first it did this. He had to reset the cable to the light engine to get it lit. Humm, perhaps I am arguing for the DMD board then.

Post Number: 9
Now it doesn't diplay anthing when it's recieving content - only the pure white and black half screen shown.

Before it failed completely, it would display half the screen normally with the other half black. Sometimes I could get it to display a full screen of normal content by powering down and up again.

This kind of behavior also leads me to favor the bad DMD board hypothesis.

Post Number: 10
Now it doesn't display anything when it's receiving content - only the pure white and black half screen shown.

Before it failed completely, it would display half the screen normally with the other half black. Sometimes I could get it to display a full screen of normal content by powering down and up again.

This kind of behavior also leads me to favor the bad DMD board hypothesis.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us