Color problems - samsung HL R, DLP please advise

Username: Keepmycool

Post Number: 2
Samsung HL R5678W less than 2 years old. color is almost digitized and skin tones are all weird, especially during night scenes or dark backgrounds. We get blue to green and then reds too in the skin tones onscreen. It seems worse the longer you watch. Samsung haven't been much help, even though we have been iving with this problem now for 6 months. The set was only a year old when it first appeared. Any help is appreciated.

Username: Regguy

Post Number: 4
Bad cable from the content to the system. I had a switch box hooked up between my DVD and settop box since my set only has one DVI connector. It started getting all weird and it turned out the switch box had degraded. I changed all the cables too and get great images again.

Post Number: 3
UPDATE, tonight the problem escalated into full blown picture failure, strobe like effect, color is almost all one color and varies.

Username: Lennard

Post Number: 1
I have the same problem: no detail in dark scenes and strange red/black coloring. Doesn't matter the source material or cable (Component or HDMI, DVD or cable TV) Any thoughts? Samsung has no answers.

Post Number: 4
Samsung have said that they will cover some of the expense for the repair. I have contacted Texas Instruments, the manufacturer of the DLP technology after reading a white paper from them stating thet the DLP chipset should see a service life in excess of 100,000 hours. We have less than 1,000 on ours and it is dead!. TI haven't responded. I am consulting with our corporate attorneys as to pursuing a case against both Samsung and TI. To add insult to injury, we can not find anyone who is willing to work on Samsung. The 2 local major players in the market just dropped Samsung completely. My remedy will be to seek a full refund of the $2,700 we paid for this POS. I am going to get a 120Hz LCD and forego the slight size difference the DLP set offered. Other than that, my recommendation is to boycott Samsung and get together to file another class action for selling inherently defective merchandise that is not fit for the advertised purpose.

Username: Lennard

Post Number: 2
Well, I tried live chat twice. Robert K told me the problem was a common one (some "board or other) and was easy to fix before I lost the connection. The second time Andrew told me that it was not a common problem and that I could call for repairs. I then called ECR who told me that it was out of warranty, they would not extend no matter what Robert had said and gave me the number for a repair facility. The repair facility told me it sounded like a color wheel, would charge $75 each way to pick up the set and $75/hr to figure out what the problem was plus parts to fix it. I have not decided what to do.

Post Number: 5
So I am thinking about contacting samsung and letting them know I intend to post a video and blog on youtube and the like demonstrating just how good these $2700 sets are and then blasting the thing into a million pieces. How do you think the publicity would be for them on this one?
This is, by far, THE worst $3000 I have ever lost in all my life.

NEVER EVER buy a samsung, any samsung!

Post Number: 6
Latest update, samsung cannot give us a referral to an authorized service center as they don't have any in our area. We are practically in LA for crying out loud. Come to find out that nobody wants to service samsung any more. So they have changed their initial agreement to furnish the parts for the repair and now won't cover anything. Anyone for a class action? I have a great legal company here locally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us