Samsung HL-R6768W Problems! Help!

Username: Yaco

Post Number: 1
First off, great site, loads of info. I am trying to narrow down what's just went wrong with my DLP. It is a Samsung HL-R6768W purchased in 12/05.

The picture was fine up until this afternoon, then turned bad, had horizontal lines, looked faded almost. I tried different channels and they were all the same. I turned it off, waited about a minuted, turned it back on but no picture or sound. It made the regular turn on chime, but it turned back off itself and tried to turn back on. Also, it is now making a very loud buzzing noise. Not a high pitch noise but a lower, buzzzzzzzzzzzz. The only light on in the front is the LAMP light and it is flashing.

Any help that I can get would be very much appreciated. I just want to see if I can figure out what needs to be fixed before the tech comes out.

Thanks so much

Username: Yaco

Post Number: 2
Ok, little update. I let it runs its course, buzzing, turning on a few times on its own. Then, after about a minute, it stops trying and all three lights in front are flashing.

Do you think that this is a lamp issue or something else due to the buzzing noise?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us