Panasonic TH42PX-4yrs old-No Picture-HELP!

Username: Ravinespeed

Chicago

Post Number: 1
Hi members, I have this TV which has given me no problems until last week when virtually none of the picture comes in (Cable, HD, DVD, etc.), but the audio does. Only about 5 HD channels come in OK from the HD box, but none of the others do, and on the regular cable (analog), nothing but audio on any channels. I've plugged a brand new DVD player in and only audio as well. Truly perplexing. Is this fixable? If so, do any of you have any idea what the cost could be (Chicago area)?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3915
Unplug it for a few minutes and plug it back in.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 357
Your plasma has a priority of video inputs where having more than one input hooked up at a time can cause the other input to not be viewable. I know this sounds bizarre but it is a characteristsic of plasmas from panasonic from a few years back.

I think you cant have the S- video and component inputs hooked up at the same time without one cancelling the other. Something like that.

I am guessing you have no real issue here to repair.

Username: Handy_dandy

Baltimore, Md USA

Post Number: 1
I have a similar problem with a Panasonic TH-42x25UP. The pix disappears leaving a gray screen. The audio continues to play through my audio receiver. This happens about every day now however you never know how long it will stay off. The answer you got about multiple inputs is wrong as this is the way it is designed to work. I have my cable coming into A3 & when the pix leaves I used to be able to switch to video 1 and watch a DVD but not anymore. Good luck if you get any real help send it my way. By the way I am the original owner of this set and other than this problem this is a great TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us