Replacing RCA Scenium DLP 50" JUNK!

Username: White_mtn_man

Berlin, NH United States

Post Number: 1
Four years ago I received a nice bonus from work and invested part of it in a Home Entertainment System. I thought I had done "due diligence" and after much research purchased a 50" RCA Scenium DLP.

I have had one problem after another with this POS! It is now on the floor at the retailer I purchase it from on consignment after yet another repair bill.

My Question: I'm torn between a 50" Plasma and a 50" LCD, I think I've settled on Samsung for the brand. I won't buy antoher TV without a five year Extended Service Contract.

Room lighting isn't a consideration, as we have plenty of trees on the window sides of our family room so as to negate excessive glare.

I need to purchase a set that has ease of use, in other words my wife has to be able to operate the next TV easily.

I'd appreciate some advice from all of you who are tech heads! I'll admit that I'm not!

Thanks to all who respond.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3910
If light isn't a problem, go plasma. Panasonic has better PQ than Samsung and far better reliability. Fry's just had the 50" Panasonic for $999 + about $50-60 shipping. They are sold out now but they will be that price again. I paid $100 more than that for mine two months ago. This year's Panny plasmas are excellent TVs, you won't be disappointed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us