COOOLSAT - 5k - No more support?

Bronze Member
Username: Pj94z

Post Number: 42
sorry...I'm a bit behind on news lately..

I have a Cooolsat 4k and 5k box. I see the last update was several months ago and no new ones.

I'm assuming CS is no longer supporting 4k and 5k ?

What are my options or are these now paper weights ?

If I decide to buy a new box...which box is the best to buy in terms of future support ?

Bronze Member
Username: Justforhahas

Post Number: 47
Basically you are correct. CS 4-5-6k receivers are officially no longer supported for the past 6 months-1 year, when they were discontinued by Cooolsat. Ocassionally someone will release a new file, but don't count on it, or expect it to last long with the weekly ECM's against piracy.

Your options are obvious, you need to get another receiver that has good software support. I recommend one also that has USB capabilities for easy loading, and no need to continually disconnect and reconnect cables or move receiver to your computer. I recommend a Sonicview 360 model ( either the Premier single tuner PVR or the dual tuner PVR Elite, dual tuner allows you to record while watching another channel ). Both of these also have multiple USB ports. A honest good reputable dealer is Scott at www.southcoastfta.com , who supports many FTA forums sites.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Hmm...ok so I can get a Sonic 360 Primiere for $129 with 1 GB USB stick n free ship...that a good deal ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
justforhaha - is there a forum where I can read up more on sonicvieww support?

I see that ftatech does not have any support files for it...but does have the latest patch

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Sonicview support is great, and is usually the first out with new files at ALL decent reputable sites, so support is not a concern.

yes that $129 is a good price.

Bronze Member
Username: Chow

Post Number: 88
throw that cool**sat in the dumpster when you get to work thats what i did.i bought 2 cheap pansat 2500 on ebay for 40 bucks works great too.i dont think its work buying a expensive receiver right now unless your rich.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3686
pjx.. go to
www.tot*alfta.com. it will give u status of ur reciver if its up or down...
or when new file is relased.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Thanks...ended up buying a new sonicview 360 premiere for 120 total

cant wait to get it...

Bronze Member
Username: Hylo

Post Number: 58
great price! any shipping you paid?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
120 includes free ship

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Free shipping is NOT important. Whats important is that you receive the product, its NOT defective, is NOT a clone (fake), and the dealer/seller will back up the product and warranty. Buying at the cheapest place is NOT the best thing or MOST important.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
agree with justforhaha - I made sure the guy I'm buying from is reputable + real unit + has hundreds of positive buyer feedback.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us