What is DiSEqC - Mini-A/Mini-B

Bronze Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 20
I've got 8 lnb bracket. I wanna get 82, 91, 110, 118.8, 119, and 129. That's 6 sats. I've bought a bracket that can host 8 lnbs. Here's the link. http://cgi.ebay.com/Superdish-LNB-BRACKET-8-satellites-on-1-Super-Dish-FTA_W0QQi temZ190242901028QQihZ009QQcategoryZ29783QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DiSEqC has only 4 inputs. I can get 5 sats with DiSEqC. You know with CB2008A lnb 118/119 together. But that will still leave one sat out. I don't wanna do that. So my question is, Is there a switch that has Mini-A and Mini-B. I don't want to use two DiSEqC with SW21 because through my experice, that reduces signal level. So what can be done? Any info be greatly greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3265
Liger
Good luck with it, you need to be in center for get all this satellites.
very low signal can result with this bracket.

Why not buy a 36" dish and Motor HH120 with Invacom QPH-031 Universal Linear/circular LNB and Get all this sat and 61,5 and many more Thrue Free to Air(Globecast, many AMC, Intelsat etc.)

This system use a Diseq 2/1

Your braket give you many problems to do settings, and how many cables and switch you think use with it

Bronze Member
Username: Liger

Post Number: 21
I know plymouth, motorized option is probably the best, but also the most expensive. Really don't wanna spend all that. I'm on the west coast. Won't get 61.5 here anyways.

Hey, but wat about Mini-A and Mini-B. That question still remains unanswered.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3266
With 36" you can get 61.5

Yes you can use it, but use 2 diseq switch 4/1 on dish for use less cable and mini A-B for select each Diseq

Use this Heavy Duty Outdoor Diseq switch this is the only one not blow on my dish

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/203010522/4x1_DiSEqC_Switch.html

Gold Member
Username: The_coders

Post Number: 1400
Satellites using DiSEqC Mini A and Mini B tone burst signals (for Mono block LNB)
. Combination of satellites using DiSEqC Multi switch.

The mini DiSEqC (command) is a "Simple Tone Burst", but is not same as Tone Burst of continued 22KHz and it is only used to select satellite-A/satellite-B in order to reduce the receiver's software size (i.e. only mini DiSEqC function) and parts of 2x1 switch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us