Loader problems

Silver Member
Username: Bjcrisp6478

Post Number: 203
I'm having problems with Loader2 v1.0 using Vista, whenever I open it, I get the message "com port open failed!". Has anyone else had this or a similar problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3249
Delete the program and do search, and delete all loader files, with RegCleaner clean register and reboot pc and install it.
good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
where can i get copy of the set up ???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3250
Which receiver?

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
viewsat xtreme vs2000

Gold Member

Post Number: 3253
Here is the loader from home Viewsat

Loader 1 - Firmware Updater (Plat and Xtreme)

[link removed]

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1777
xtremebj are you using a USB cable to load the VS extreme? If so just change the com port numbers on your loader in the tools menu .. click on configuration then change the COM1 to COM2 and so on till you find the right com port.

I personally don't like Vista so not to sure if this will be the same as in XP Pro But it doesn't hurt to try.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3257
Doreen
I experiment same problem with Vista
with loader 2 and use loader 1 from viewsat
and it work fine

Username: Jagsa

Post Number: 1
I need a X-05BL loader for Pansat3500SD.Could someone help me download or send me an site for a free download please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3269
jags here is the Loader X-05BL

http://www.kashbrand.com/files/x-05bl_071225_350_api_nocard_arfix.zip

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
I'm using a usb to db9 cable, could this be the problem?

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1782
HOW TO FLASH.
You can flash (load) your receiver with a bin on top of the bin (file) you already have. It will replace it.
Use a Nul CABLE RS232 on your receiver from the computer. Or use a Nul adaptor from Radio Shack number 26-264B to make a straight through cable a Nul cable. Take the cable off going to the LNB to be safe. If you don't have a 9 pin plug on your computer you may need to use a USB to Serial cable 26-183 at Radio Shack.

Un-zip all the files and hook up the cable from your computer to the STB, keep the STB off with the switch in the back. Start the loader-2 and click on OPEN FILES. Find the bin file you un-zipped that now ends in PGM. Click on it and it will automatically go on the first line of the loader. Click on the icon just below the word TOOL and check the COM PORT. Then turn STB on from the back and at first light click PC->STB on the loader. If the progress bar don't move after about a minute start over again. Sometimes the timing is critical. Even try turning STB on from the back first then click PC->STB. Don't do anything as the progress bar is going across. Make sure the Computer & STB are done before you go to the next step. They may not get done at the same time.

You may need to put a list of Satellites in your STB if you don't have any. Click on OPEN FILES and find the Satellite list you already downloaded and un-zipped. Now do the same thing you did above to flash your STB.

PLUGGING IN CABLE.
Make sure you plug in the cable from the dish to the receiver at the LNB 13/18v INPUT. Not the ANT IN. The cables coming from the dish to the switch should be put on the switch at the same number as you have set in your receiver. "Example", 119 cable goes on number 1 on the diseqc switch and the receiver has #1 for 119 in the program. You can only get one Satellite for each one LNB you have. Two LNB's two Satellites, and so on.

Now you will need to set your settings. Below is what most have.
MENU, INSTALLATION, then 0000 or 0937 or 2668 or 3570 then ANTENNA SETUP then side arrow to ECHOSTAR 7 119.0W check your Satellite setting. Then do the same to ECHOSTAR 8,10 110.0W

EchoStar 7 - 119. ECHO 7--------EchoStar 8,10 - 110.0W
LNB Power------ON-------------------ON
LNB Type-------Standard---------Standard
LNB Freq-----------11250-----------11250

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1783
Btw if using a USB to Serial cable etc... you will have to set what com port you need. Try com 3 first if that doesn't work keep trying each port till it recognizes the loader. Also good practice is to close the loader and reopen each time you try to find the right com port or you may crash the receiver. Not to worry if that happens it just means the loader is having a software conflict and you then will need to reboot the receiver and start over.

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
Thanks for all the responses I'll play around with it tonight and see what happens.

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
any easy way to do this on my lap top?????

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1787
read this link it should help you

http://transatelectronics.com/store/usb-to-serial-rs232-adapter_P211

Post Number: 2
Hi,

All the directions for solving the problem of a loader is great. But the one thing what I need is how to obtain the loader 2, I mean how to get the ComPort downloader, the one which takes the new bins and loads onto receiver. It is v3.5.1 something, which is also called X-05BL. This is what I need to download the new Bin to the receiver. I have the new Bin from futurefta... but to download it to the receiver I need that Loader. Kinldy guide where to get that from.

Silver Member
Username: Albino_midget

Post Number: 678
www.future-fta.info/Forums/showthread.php?t=38618

www.ftabandits.com/forums/pansat-3500sd-files/163-current-blacklist-loader-35-01 -a.html

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1789
If you are trying to laod bins into a viewsat xtreme vs2000 with a Pansat 3500 Blacklist X-05BL Loader v35.01 it wont work. WRONG LOADER for WRONG RECEIVER!!!!

here is the loader you need

xtremebj you need this loader
application/octet-streamUpload
viewsat loader.rar (31.8 k)

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1791
here is a link to try 3 different loaders all for VS etreme

http://www.badongo.com/file/10899740
just unzip the file.

Also this is to check your com ports

application/x-zip-compressedUpload
comport check utilty.zip (5.4 k)

Silver Member

Post Number: 209
thanks

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1794
your welcome

Username: Naman10

Post Number: 1
Hi! I also have a problem with my loader2. I would just like to know how I can fix this problem. Please help!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3310
Naman which receiver and problem?

Silver Member

Post Number: 210
doreen i can't get that loader it's just a file...where can i get that loader from???

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1797
here are the loader files you need... just download them from here.... double click on the viewsat laoder rar
you need to make a new folder and put both files in it for the loader to work.

Good luck
Loader.EXE (41.0 k)

ZMODEM32.DLL (53.2 k)

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1798
oops sorry I mean double click to download on loader.exe and ZMODEM32.DLL

Gold Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1799
naman kaur... what is the problem using the viewsat loader2?

Post Number: 3
Thanks plymouth and Doreen. I have the files up and running. Now the Channels 611 to 614 and 624 are showing Scrambled. I used to get those earlier, any idea what happened? I have run a blind scan on Echo 3, Echo 8.1, Echo 7 and Echostar which gave the new channels, but the 611 series are not captured. Kindly brainstorm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us