Full screen wanted

Bronze Member
Username: Khcpopi

Post Number: 12
I have a question about portable dvd player, and I ask it here because the traffic in portables section is near to none.
I want to buy a dvd player for the car trips for kids. I already have Coby 7". I have some movies I recorded in 4:3 format. I have store bought movies that are formatted for 4:3 tv screens. When I play these movies on the Coby, the movie is shown in full screen. When I played these movies in Toshiba 10" player, which I wanted to buy, the player would crop the screen to 4:3 size and setup section did not change this. The sales clerk at Circuitcity was puzzled by this as well. "Fill" or "Fit to screen" or "16:9" options in the setup would not change anything. The manual said if recording was in 4:3 format the player can't fit this to its screen. However, I tried the cheaper Element brand player and it played with full screen.
What is this function called? I want to buy another Coby and it is only sold on-line. I want to be able to confirm that player will play any disk in full screen. Thank you in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us