Reciver for bell satellite

Username: Ronb94

Post Number: 1
Hello,
I bought a new house and the old owner left
the bell expressvu satellite.What I need to do to get all channels(free of course).
What receiver I need? And what else?
Thanks you
And sorry for my bad English

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3626
buy any fta reciever..
here are some recievers that have good reputation....
kbox
nfusion
viewsat
sonicview

Post Number: 2
Thanks for reply.
But after I buy a FTA receiver what I need to do? Or I just connect it to the satellite and to the TV?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3113
You cab start with a Viewsat Ultra or a Captiveworks 700s who have excellent support presently and have USB port, Kbox and NFusion are complicated for a newbie.

You need too a 18" dish and a circular LNB
You can download a program .bin and put on USB key and load it in receiver who help you to receive many channels but it's illegal, nobody here do that

Do a search on Yahoo or Google for buy it in your area

Gold Member
Username: Gregraf

Post Number: 1024
He already has the right dish Plymouth. A bell dish the old owner left.If its pointed right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3114
Greg you are right sometime i have problem with my english.
I must try to correct it

Thanks for your reply

Gold Member

Post Number: 3627
plymouth i think nfusion is leaast maintenance once you setup... (sometimes setup is large of hastle)..once a month u need to download a bin..
other rec downloading bin is like everyday..
if u know how something works then buy nfusion, other wise for newbees i agree with you plymouth buy captive 700 cheapest and good for money...and support

Gold Member

Post Number: 1025
I think your english is alot better than it was 6 months ago. At least now i can uderstand some of what you say.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3118
Sada
All IKS are attack on server presently, i know those 2 IKS box need to be considered but as second receiver

Greg
I agree with you my english is better then 6 month ago, after 3000 posts it's easier for me, you know here in Quebec nobody speak english.
It's very interesting to discuss with many good guys like you on this forum

Post Number: 1
Greg,
Yes you right I already have the satellite and 2 dishes.So the only thing I need is the receiver? And what channels will I get?
Will I have all channels that bell provides?
Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Brucester

Post Number: 1556
yes you will have all ch from bev all ppv and p0rn

Post Number: 2
Ok.but what I need to do to get it work?
Connect the receiver to the TV and to the satellite and it will work?
I don't need to configure nothing?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3631
try it , it should work.. u just need to configure it on reciever,
i think diseqc swith should be attached to two dishes...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3632
just buy a reciever, attached the cable that goes from sat , plug it in, on ur rec just changed port under anteena setting, scan the dishes............and u are good to go...........

Post Number: 3
Sorry I meant I have bell dish with 2 LNB and with switcher all is connected.And if i have 2 TVs I need to buy 2 receivers?
And I should get all those channels http://bell.ca/web/tv/en/all_regions/pdfs/channels/lineup_alpha.pdf ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3123
Ron
you need 1 receiver and 1 diseq switch for each TV and you will take all channels on 91.0W and some channels on 81.0W many are HD channels.
You need to have 4 cable (2 receivers)2 cables on each LNB.

Diseq switch:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/506386.jpg

And diagram to connect it:

http://sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Multi-LNBF/1-receiver-2-lnbfs.htm

Gold Member

Post Number: 1027
Ron yes you will get all the channels. You can get dishnet channels too with the same reciever and you can download bin files as you need them usually once a week or so right on your own computer with the right loader.If you have two dishes point one at dish and one at bell. One or the other is usually up and running. You can get files from sites like

http://www.ftatech.net/files/files.html
http://www.dsstester.cam replace a with o
Theres lots of good sitesthat people spam here so you won't have a problem.

I have a Viewsat there support is great
Good luck

Post Number: 4
I have a switcher under the dish, isn't it the same(Dish Network, Video path, multi dish switch model SW44)? If not I need 2 diseq switch (for 2 TV) and on every TV I will able to watch other programs(channels)?
What do you mean "right loader"? The bin files are to get all encryptions channels right?
Where can I find those files on the sites you gave me?
Thank you again and sorry for that quantity of questions

Gold Member

Post Number: 1031
If i were you id just take Sada's advice and buy a reciever and hook it up and your reciever will tell you which sat your pointed at. You can always put up a second dish. Figure out how to get one going before you confuse yourself with a second one. Some people would tell you that buying two at this time could be a bad idea especially when some say the end of FTA could be near. You can download the appropriate loader for the receiver you buy. The loader is for downloading the bin files into your receiver.Get a receiver then ask where you can get the right loader. If you buy a Viewsat you can get the loader right at viewsat site in the support section.

http://www.viewsatcanadaretail.com/support.php

If you live in Canada id buy a viewsat directly from that site so your sure you don't get a clone.

This is one of many sites you can get your bin files. Just click on go to files and you will see the files for differant boxes.
http://www.ftatech.net/files/files.html

Get a receiver and someone here will help you with it. There are experts here for most recievers. Just ask for me and ill tell you which loser not to listen to.

Post Number: 5
Ok thanks but I need to know how much receivers I need.So if I buy 1 receiver can I watch different channels on each TV?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1032
No. you will need two. Viewsat receivers come with a diseq switch in the box along with the cable to hook your reciever to your computer also.

Post Number: 6
What model can you recommend please? with HD.And for what the diseq?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3635
RON buy sonic view 4000.
its not hd rec , u don't need hd rec , don't spend $ 500 on hd rec, buy sonic view first.........
check make sure evething is working on 1 rec, then if u wanna add 2nd rec, buy diseqc switch, and u can add 2nd rec anytime u want..
first thing u need to do is to run 1 reciever.........why are u making life complicated ,buy sonic view or viewsat choice is yours, what ever u like, no one is selling u anything, and we are not the coders.. based on experience we can tell u which one is good/ which one is bad..
don't worry about diseq first? just buy a rec, and if u still get no signal/no channels , we will help u after that.....

Post Number: 7
Sada why I should not buy HD receiver? I thought about the sonicview 8000 HD.
Of curse I'll start with a 1 reciver and after it I'll add another.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3639
yeh u can buy hd reciever , sonic view 8000 hd is goood, just wanna let u know that for bell its ok , u don't need extra module etc, if u wanna want dn hd u need to buy extra edapter, for ur case since u have bell dishes its good,,

Post Number: 8
I will start from bell so hd is good for it? I dont know what to choose Sonicview or Viewsat?
Viewsat 9000HD
Sonicview 8000HD

There are people that says that SV support is better and people that says that VS is better.
What to choose?
Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3640
ok here is some info , u tell me what to choose... here are recievers and info..
nfusion was best reciever, best support for last few months ... but now its almost down for 1 week...
kbox was freezing every 2minutes.. few weeks ago for 2 weeks , then now its stable..
sonic view and viewat.. hun
for example when there is hit and by hit i mean (when dn , bell change codes. modify b.c we are getting channels for free right.. they don't want this , so they change code etc)..
then reciever don't work..
for coders who work fo sonicview or viewsat make programs.. now who comes first.. sometimes sonicview,somtime viewsat .. its game ..
sometimes nfusion never goes down, even during the hit...but goes down when everything is up....
ron i mean to say no reciever is perfect b.c u are not payingfor programming...
now for ur rec i am not sure are u asking for support wise/ picture wise..
check the specs for each rec, currently i have hd tv, but i don't have hd fta reciever..so can't tell

Post Number: 9
Sada thanks very much for this info.I needed it.
How often usually there is a "hit"?
Of curse i want both(support and picture) but support is more important.
And as i understood from u right now the best supporting receivers are SV and VS right?
so any of them (hd) are good?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3641
how often is a hit...........some times after 1 week, sometimes after 1 day.. no one knows only dn or bell providers knows..
yes sonic view and viewsat are both good for supporting vise, i personally recommend sonicview, thats my choice..
as for hd ..people who have sonicview or viewsat hd can tell u better..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us