Samsung DLP Issues - HLR4667

Username: Csamm3

Post Number: 2
I purchased a HLR4667 about 2 1/2 years ago. My budget was $1000 and I spent $2200. The awesome picture suckered me! Of course since I was way over budget, I did not fork over the extra $300 bucks for the EW. The 2200 was all I had. My kids went hungry that week! Anyhow, about a week ago, my TV started making a very annoying humming/vibrating sound and shut down. The usual suspects for LED's came on. I unplugged the set, took the back off, cleaned everything, reseeded the lamp and tried again. Same thing. I called Samsung CS and the insist it is normal for the TV to make the obnoxious sound when the LAMP needs replaced. This does not make sense to me that a bulb would cause this! I read several old posts and thought initially maybe it was my color wheel. Then I read FYI's post that the R series doesn't use the bearings (at least that's what I took from it). I'm ordering a phillips replacement lamp tomorrow but will be aweful upset if I spend the money not to have the problem fixed. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us