Hchannels not working viewsat xtrem Help

Bronze Member
Username: Liquidqc

Post Number: 42
hi i recebtly dusted off my viewsat xtrem
after replacing the coaxial wire, instaled new bin, All the Horizontal channels arent getting any signal in when the Vertical channels are working fine...

heres whats hapened, the coaxial cable i changed i installed the tips my self but in the end i had difficulty with the end for the reciver so this might b it

or

i tried to plug it in b4 instaling the tip on the coaxial cable,( i connect the cable in a surge protector n from there t my reciver) it i got some wierd noise that came out of my reciver like it was forcably being turned on n off real fast...

but none of my seting have been reset so i assumed the reciver didnt get fried

but i read a thread from few days back where some 1 else wasnt reciving Horizontal channels n some 1 said something about changing the powersupply or something

If any 1 has any ideas plz Help

Thx in advance for all your inputs

( using viewsat xtrem)

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3062
Dan T
Your problem is a short on cable
Check all connector tip the shield probably touch the middle wire resulting in lost of voltage and only vertical channels and power lack on receiver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
not to sound too noobish but when u says Shield, is it the aluminium sheet around the 2nd layer of plastic that is just over the middle coper part of the cable ?

ALSO*** what could the prob be if its not from the cable ?

(im going to try redoing the connector tip near reciver n if that doesnt work ill just have to go back to store where i got connector n give 5$ to the guy to install properly )<<ty merci ;)

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 3085
Yes Dan Aliminiun Sheet

If you have a ohmmeter test between middle coper wire and nut with cable unhook, you need to be open 500 000 ohms or higher

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
ok thx 4 the info Ply, i guess ill try get my hand on an ohm meter... i rly just hope that its the connector thats on the reciver side and not the 1 on the roof( the roof 1 was done by a friend of mine with actualy videotron cable tip, ill still rip it apart to check the shield if i cant resolve this soon
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us