Serial Port

Bronze Member
Username: Saadiaa

Post Number: 97
Hi I have a converted Flu..I used to program it with my Comp...But some how the serial port brke from inside...Now I bought a new RS232 PCI Card..The company is called AK.I installed the driver and everything but it's not working...can any one plz help me..I have three fortecs and it will be though luck to buy three more just cause of the dum serial port..Cause i heard u can't find the right ones any moreeeee.Plz help If any one bought a serial port recently for converted flu's plzzzzzz tell me which one to buy....

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 861
(USB to RS232 DB9 serial adapter)
you can get that from bestbuy or circuit city...the adapter come with the cd driver..you have to install with that cd driver so it can work with that adapter...if you download the driver from the internet sites it will not work with that adapter..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
thanks for the reply ...but are u sure this one will work with converted flu 'cause I already bought 2 thing..a usb port and the rs232...

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 863
i am using this one for 3 years now..first with my laptop and now with my desktop..(USB to RS232 DB9 serial adapter)
it's working great with my PS 2500 FLU..PS 3500SD and VS Extreme...and after you installed the cd driver that come with the usb adapter and don't forget to go to your (device mamager)at the CONTROL PANEL to check what usb com port # you are using 1,2,3,0r 4...so you know what com port # you will use on the Blacklist LOADER 1.4

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
thanks for ur help..I appreciate it..

Bronze Member
Username: Kb1

Post Number: 42
where do you find device manager in control panel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
I found the device manager but on the the com port is 7 anc Blacklist updater only have 4 com port what to do

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 11309
Kami:
1. With RS232 PCI card, you can set it up as Com 1,2,3,4 and you are OK. Windows XT will do that for you.
2. USB to serial converters are a bit dodgy. You have to use the CD that came with the device and NOT let Windows set it up for you.
3. If you wound the device manage and Com port info, just change Com port to 1,2,3,or 4.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
How do I change it to com port 1,2,3,4 in device manager

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 11312
You said "I found the device manager but on the the com port is 7"
Then you should be able to change it to 1,2,3,4

Bronze Member
Username: Ez2ctv

Platinum Mem...

Post Number: 79
To change port number do the following (I will asume you are using XP)

1) right click on "My Computer Icon"
2) click on properties
3)Click on "HARDWARE"
4)click on "DEVICE MANAGER"
5)Select & Expand ports (com & Lpt)
6)Select your USB-RS232 adapter & right click on it
7) select properties
8) select "PORT SETTINGS"
9) you can now select a new port

Usually port 4 works best and is less likely to have conflicts with other installed adapters etc.

Remember to select the same port on the FTA Bin GUI installer when updating your FTA box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us