Picking up D*V in Latin America... FTA possible?

Bronze Member
Username: Mwarrior

Post Number: 26
Anybody have any idea if this is possible? Seems they have the best channels out of the providers for english choice (Hispa doesnt show too many english channels....)
I've seen DTV Venezuela's list which lists a LOT of channels.
DTV Argentina doesnt list as many, and doesnt list a cost either. ANy suggestions on what to do?
Also as a side note, I still have an old H Card and receiver lying around I can use if thats still usable in Latin America, I know its useless in the US now.
That or if anybdoy knows a FTA bird I can pick up in the Paraguay/Bolivia area.

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 465
Geee Wizz
Check these Birds Hispasat 1C, 1D @ 30.o*W

http://www.lyn gsat.com/hispa1c.html
http://www.lyn gsat.com/hispa1d.html

Upload
Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
WhiteHawk:
Thanks, I checked that one out already, and didnt find many english channels on the Americas feed... What I was referring to was the 95W bird (Galaxy 3) in Latin America.
It does reach into Venezuela, and from the looks of it Argentina and Uruguay too.... so logic would have it that it reaches into Paraguay too.
Thing is, do I have to goto Venezuela and get a box/card or is there another way to go about this? I would have preferred if this was 5years ago, but you cant win everything.

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 469
Geee Wizz
Thing is, do I have to goto Venezuela and get a box/card or is there another way to go about this?

YES call DirecTV Latin America.
You can only receive these channels by paid subscription.

DIRECTV PanAmericana provides service to 9 territories: Argentina, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Puerto Rico, Venezuela and Uruguay.

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Ok, so its pay or just watch mostly Spanish television...
Last question. I've read that a DTV Puerto rico subscription will get you more channels than a DTV Venezuela subscription. Anybody have any experience with this?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Anybody?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us