Nfusion question

Silver Member
Username: Brucelee

Beverly Hills, California United States

Post Number: 164
Okay,
I'm setting up my Nfusion for the first time, I've loaded the V1.47 file and 1.30 loader file and scanned the channels. My question is that does it matter if the nfusion is connected to the internet or not for the channels to display? Because I just loaded the bin through a serial cable from my computer to the box, I have my router all the way in the basement and have one of my computers (connected through wireless connection) in the same room (upstairs 2nd floor) as the nfusion, I have the nfusion connected directly into that same computer via an ethernet cable, I would believe that is suppose to work too. But still I get I-Off for internet? Please help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3585
bottom line u need to be connected to internet to make it work........there is no other way around it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3587
are u using a router?

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
I'm using a router, but it's in the basement while I have my nfusion directly connected to one of the PC's (via ethernet cable) in the same room that is using a wireless connection. The funny thing is I can see one channel and it scans the satellite fine and displays the channel and the name of the program but the screen is black. Any suggestions?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3592
pete i am confused, in order to watch nfusion channel ur network cable must be connected to ur router,
or the other way is that u can buy ethernet adapter cost about $ 8o (2) and u can plug one in router, and 2nd one just any walloutlet and plug in to ur nfusion

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Oh I see,
so sada I can buy any ethernet adapter (2 of them), I'm assuming these are suppose to be wireless? Let me know if I'm completely off here.
Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
But then again that would be expensive I'm assuming so my other question is can I just by any wireless bridge and use that instead?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3595
wireless bridge and ethernet adapter are same thing..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3596
pete two ways to make it work..
one way is to use network cable, if u can find a way from upstairs to downstair and big network cable,so can take it to basement..
2nd way is ethernetadapter/bridge (just two differnet names for samething)..
buy the one with good speed atleat 85mbps..
i bought zylex, they are goode, try kijji may be can find cheaper there..they comes in twin..
plug one in to ur router and wall outlet and 2nd one intowall outlet and connect a networkcable,
the benefit to this is that u don't need to run a networcable all over the house.

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
Thanks Sada,
I look on kijiji if I can't get one then I'll just get a 150 foot network cable from the Nfusion directly to the router in the basement.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3599
u are welcome..

Silver Member

Post Number: 170
Sorry to be back again, but is it possible to use another wireless router as a bridge for the Nfusion, so I have my wireless router in the basement and now I would have a second one by my nfusion which I will run a ethernet cable from the nfusion to the 2nd router. Can that work?

Silver Member

Post Number: 171
Hi again,
so this is what I found it is called: Netgear XE102 Powerline Ethernet Adapter or wall plugged Ethernet adapter, so this should work too right? One is plugged into an outlet and runs to the router and the other is plugged into another outlet near the Nfusion.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 184
Pete:

Netgear XE102 is power-line networking, which uses the electrical wires of your house, that should work.

Your other alternative is to use a wireless bridge like Linksys WET54G or something similar, which you place it near Nfusion and connect it to your Nfusion. WET54G provides an ethernet port and communicates with your wireless router in your basement.

May be G type 54Mbps is too slow and you many need N type 160Mbps, for which you may need to upgrade your wireless router if you do not already have N type wireless router. I am not sure in this regard, however - Sada or African know more in this regard and can help you out.

Of course the other alternative is running a long cable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3601
i am using zylex 85mbps ethernet adapter, easy to use.. i also tried in on my laptop and it gave m 100mpbs speed same as my local area connection..
pete if u are buying netgear make sure atleast 54 or 85mbps..

Gold Member

Post Number: 3602
yeh and for ur question if u can try other wireless router , i tried it, but then i thought where should i put networkcable..

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
Yeah that's the only problem, I can't find a wireless bridge that is under $100, the WET54G is over $100, I have a 'N' router in the basement. I just want to take something and put it next to the Nfusion and plug in the ethernet cable from the Nfusion directly into and then it gets it's signal from the router downstairs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3604
go to any store that sells nfusion, ethernet adapter cost less than $ 100

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
Can I get something like this: Linksys Wireless N Home Router (WRT160N)
Link:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10099083&logon=& langid=EN

Gold Member

Post Number: 3605
i don't think so pete, but i can be wrong..
pete which city do u live in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
Hi Sada,
I'm actually in Toronto.

Silver Member
Username: Rafiq128

Post Number: 119
Go to Transat Electronis you can buy 85Mbps Powerline Network Adapters (2pcs)$64.95. Address is 24 Ronson Drive, Unit 4AF
Toronto, ON M9W 1B4

T: 416-235-2600

Gold Member

Post Number: 3606
here u got bhatti knows...
thanks bhatti and check my other post, i am testing kbox..

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
Thanks Bhatti,
but unfortunately I can't use this as it has to be connected directly into a wall outlet and I have surge protectors everywhere. I guess I'll have to buy either:
http://www.frontierpc.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=20132913H&name=Zyxel%20G -470%20Wireless%20Ethernet%20Bridge&mfrpartno=G470&version=
or something like:
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=153388 9&CatId=1594

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Pete: You can use powerline adapters on surge or extention, I am using it on my extention cords and its working fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
Oh, I'm confused because a lot of places I see they say you can probably use it on extension cords but not Surges,
http://reviews.cnet.com/adapters-nics/netgear-xe102-powerline-adapter/4505-3380_ 7-21057065.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
Hi,
can I also use this? I was talking to a guy just now at Canada Computers and he said you can try this:
http://www.alvio.com/xABK_PID51349_d-link-systems_dwl-g820_wireless-bridge-wirel ess-gaming-adapter-80211g-108mbps_bridge-routers.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
I am using one on surge and one on extention cord and they both are working fine. Try it and you will see the results, it will work ok don't be confused.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
I have one nfusion and one Kbox, i am using 3 powerline adaptors, 2 on extention cords and one on surge, working ok . surge one in basement and the other 2 in different rooms. My one working ok.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
Thanks guys,
I ended up running a ethernet cable straight from the router to the Nfusion box and it works like a charm.

Now the only thing is that whenever I turn on the Nfusion the Viewsat Platinum I have downstairs doesn't work and vice versa so not sure why that is happening .

Gold Member

Post Number: 3609
what is ur setup?
how many dishes lnbs, reciever?

Silver Member

Post Number: 179
Hi Sada,
I have 5 dishes (4 small and 1 36") 4 dishes only have a single LNB and 1 has 2 inputs in the LNB so really it's 4 LNB's I'm using into the Diseq switch, then I have the output going into splitter that takes that output as an input and sends out two outputs to the receivers. Boy even I'm confusing myself now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 181
Actually the previous post sounds a bit confusing perhaps someone can tell me with a simple scenario:

If I have one dish with just one LNB (eg. Echo 8,10) and I want to run that to a Viewsat Plat receiver and also to a Nfusion Receiver how do I do that as long as I can watch on both receivers at the same time different channels?

Thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Bugster999

Katy, Tx

Post Number: 131
I don't know I use two belking wireless routers and it work fine so if you get another linksys it should work as well as long as the two wireless devices see each other it will work then an Ethernet cable out of the wireless router that you put near the nfusion should do the trick.

Silver Member

Post Number: 182
Thanks Ray,
I don't really need two routers since now the problem is more with playing two satellite receivers at one time different channels. So if I play something downstairs on my Viewsat I can still watch something else on my Nfusion upstairs. Right now that's not working.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us