40" Mitsubishi-How to move it by yourself.

Username: Opn4bzns

Mount Hope, WV United States

Post Number: 2
I am 66 years old and have had my 40" Mits since 1995. It still has a superb picture, but I finally was drawn in to buy a 65" HD DLP Mits for $1,495.00 with free shipping this month. I love it. So I had to move my 40" on the stand from the family room to my livingroom/office. I wrestled it eight feet from where it was so I could set up the new 65". The 40" sat for three days until I remembered the story of the building of the pyramids. The slaves moved the huge stones by putting trees under the stones and pushing/pulling to roll the stone forward. I had some 1 1/4 inch dowels so I cut four into 2 foot lengths and began moving my 325+ Mits by placing a dowel at the narrow end...pulling...placing a dowel, etc. I had to make four sharp turns from the family room, through the kitchen, dining room and into the living room/office. It's now done and I don't even think I ruptured myself. Good day to all of you who were fortunate enough to own this wonderful 40" Mitsubishi. Going to enjoy mine as long as I can and then turn it into my casket. What do you think?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2323
­
I am assuming you are talking about the direct view CRT. I have no idea whether the 40 actually was profitable for Mitsubishi, but it most certainly is a significant piece of video history. Only they had the audacity and the engineering chops to build such a beast.

I recently laid my 35" console to rest after 17 years of faithful service. In 1987 it was a true marvel and I was so proud of it. I saw countless movies and other events on it. The irony of watching newsreel footage of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on it was not lost on me.

By the way, I think archaeologists now believe the Pyramids were built by the labor of skilled and unskilled ordinary Egyptian citizens. It was steady work with good government benefits.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us