What's Cooking with D#N now by "King T.M."

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2964
- I haven't seen any major or minor ECM by D#N for nearly 2 months now
- In fact I'm getting stong observation that Nag#ra dropped them completely
- Nag#ra controls ECMs End users like B#V and D#N only control key change which is the equivalent of changing password
- Newly added providers ID contains new sets of keys change frequency PID for A&V behavior of changing frequency will result in reducing Q signal level perhaps dropping to 40 or 30 or even 0 that's basic key change
- Now frequency PID changes can affect certain FTA receivers more than others due to tuner capacity

What I haven't seen so far any major impact by Nag#ra
If my theory is correct
D#N will remain wide open for several weeks perhaps months
Indications of a major conflict between the security provider and the end user (D#N and B#V)
If there is a conflict it means doors are wide open
Only key changes

So I hope this explains why some rceivers are still up and others are down
This can also helps explains to friendly PTA users why Q signal drops and why some channels completly black

I only cheer for the good play
King

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2786
King
I have another theorical on this:
Some bin are corrupt from different site, All user need to load first bin out, provider can have in stanby a replaced bin which give bad experience to user.

New bin are very strong and well made.

Many new members try to discredited good sites(like Kate and LK etc").

"Take first bin out"

In programming all is possible

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2966
Anything possible
But I base my theory on my observation
I look at the patterns of frequency PID
They keep changing as they change keys

For example:
HB*O Comedy suppose to be freq 12370
VPID=4642 and VPID=4643 according to lyngsat
The A/V PID keep changing with key rolls

Other major thing I see
No ECM for more than 2 months now
Even with release of new bins
New bins only corrects frequency PID

To me that's a major mystery
Cuz this is old school tricks
It's not adding up to me

My only theory is they no longer supported by Nag*ra's updates
I can be proven wrong if a major ECM is out
But like I said new relesed bins corrects simple frequency spaces

Silver Member
Username: Themangod

Post Number: 519
so simple why dont you do it

sorry but this sounds really newbie

"- Nag#ra controls ECMs End users like B#V and D#N only control key change which is the equivalent of changing password "

the key codes are a complex math code a algorithm to say that they are equivalent of changing password is so wrong any one that knows just a little knows your dead wrong.

no passwords you use are controlled by algorithms.

did king say they where this really smart person i guess you must have made a mistake saying that right?

your not saying you really think a key code is "equivalent of changing password"

you where just making it simple for us new users to understand right?? i sure hope so other wise our king is not much of one.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2967
Well
Conditional access consists of half algorithm half password key code
Algorthm by Nag#ra and key code by end user
All, together is what hackers call hashed back door keys for final authorization
But thanx for yor response anyway

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2989
ha ha ha
Now that's funny on 4th of July
I'm about to fire my grill now

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2991
Nope
That wasn't me boss

Bronze Member
Username: Avr1

Post Number: 18
Thanks for that cool pic. I saved it for elsewhere.

BTW, King, I knew the new map call was coming as my e*ho boxes made a new firmware update just before the sh*t hit the fan.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2994
These are not map call updates
They are frequency shift updates
D#N specifying new freq parameters
Assign freq parametes to EROM
Change the Key rolls

To tell yo the truth
I'm observing lately no action by Nag#ra ... Strong indications D#N are not being supported by Nagra anymore

D#N blamed Nag#ra for leaks
D#N took them to court and won by the Jury verdict

All recent activities are nothing but key rolls
So based on a hunch I'm assuming D#N will use some other Security provider
This will leave D#N wide open unsecured for several weeks perhaps several months until they do hardware upgrade

Of course they may come to new terms agreement again
But with recent judgement D#N can make Nag#ra accountable

It's going to be very interesting period the next several weeks
But I don't think there will be any Major ECMs
Just basic Key rolls and simple freq shift

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Well my e*ho boxes have logged the new map call. Actually it is an older map call 3a I think at the moment. Plus the mecm.

I don't do fta so maybe it is different for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
DN is still using Nag

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
So you are saying that you didn't notice the new map call that came down a couple pf days ago?

Why then are there a shitload of new fixes out?

Bronze Member
Username: Cameo

Post Number: 20
Yes King, there was a email from a DN board meeting that went public about 2 months ago. It said that the DN card swap was scrubbed as they looked for new security.

I saw it posted at a couple places, but most people seemed to have missed it.

btw I have 2 VS PLATS and a CW 600P and I did not need any new bin for ages.

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 617
1. There was no email, as it was fake. What prefer to go by are the quarterly and annual reports which mentioned an upgrade to N3.

2. DN did not sue Nagra/Kudelski group, instead DN and Nagra/Kudelski group sued NDS which used to be used by DTV.

3. Queen FakeWoman doesn't know sh1t about FTA/PTA or sats in general. He copies/pastes like a champion but he knows absolutely nothing about compromising CAS or anything else for that matter.

4. This forum is such a joke, a bunch newbies who pretend to know things and spew cr@p. If it weren't for the coders who have provided the functionality to view paid programming via an FTA receiver, this forum would not even exist and close to 90% of you would not be watching what you call free tv, because 90% of you are in fact free TV'ers included Queen Tapewoman.

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2995
- When I saw the massive upgrade based on my observation I did post it and talked about it before anyone else.
My guestmation was wrong based on D#N & Nag#ra's failure.
Coders won that bout.

- When I saw the attempts of Nag#ra back engineering to VU-sat receivers I posted it and talked about it before anyone else

- And NOW I'm saying Nag#ra stopped supporting D#N
Like it or not

I post what I see
I believe my eyes before my ears
I don't need to copy and paste

Isn't Tony Suprano from H*BO
What the F#ck do yo know about highly technical isues
Goto YO MAMA and play with yor toy guns
Leave the technical stuff to people that can comprehend it

SUKKA

Bronze Member
Username: Cameo

Post Number: 22
Message For Tony Soprano.

I will have you know that according to JD POWER AND ASSOCIATES Ecoustics Satellite forum has been voted #1 Satellite site on the planet. They also gave honourable mention to King Tapeman......

So there!!! Tony Soprano

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2999
My Dick is bigga than yos
I can teach ya but I have to chage
Ta da da...ta ta ta taaaa

ha ha ha Sukkas

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
King, What the hell is CHAGE???

Also you are wrong a map call was done.

As to Trudy saying she hasn't needed a new bin in ages...UP YOURS!!!!

Others will call you a liar as they have had to...Or do you pay for your view????

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3001
Chage is charge
Map call or not these are not the same ECMs we've experienced early this year
Key rolls with direct impact on freq
They have been shifting freq channels PID
Not much of an ECM

There are people reporting didn't change bin and everything is working is true if they had signal strength of 90% plus
Shifting freq will lower Q-Signal to 50% or 40% others below 30% will need new bins

If my theory is correct
This is all what yo'll see in the next several weeks
Coders now are winning the battle

My advice when yo hear someone saying certain thing don't automatically say false I actually look at each person's testimony as eye witness it helps me collect info without trying it myself

People call others liars or BS cuz they don't know any better cuz of their lack of electronics (not electronic)
Right now there are 2 wackos to watch out for
White Hawk AKA Yukon (clueless) electronics illiterate
and
James McFuckly Multiple nick names senior member here

Right now I only trust Nalin, Plymouth, African and Sada these people can be helpful cuz they are educated users many others can be trusted but not very progressive come in from time to time

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3004
Keep studying my posts
One day yo'll learn electronics
Now yo know how to spell it
Sukka

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3006
Which f#cking cave did this hawk come from?
In every f#cking language it's called electronics
WTF is he from?
That electronic illiterate MOFO

Goto clubhawk.com and play x-box pissa Sh!t

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3011

James McFuckally is his electronic public defender

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3013
I don't see any indications for D#N changing to Nag#ra-3
In fact I don't think they are entirely supported any more

This is puzzling me
As I don't find any public info

Just old news

C/P I found as Bell is ready for a card swap // 2008-02-26
ExpressVu implementing new anti-piracy measures Monday, 25 February 2008 For the second time in three years, Bell ExpressVu is introducing a new signal encryption system which the company hopes will thwart pirates from stealing its satellite television signals.

The implementation of the new encryption system by ExpressVu is a two step process similar to the company's last encryption scheme change in July of 2005.

To defeat pirates from stealing their broadcasts, digital cable and satellite television providers, such as ExpressVu, encrypt the signals prior to transmission. Once the signals reach the subscribers homes, the encrypted signals can only be decrypted by an authorized digital set top box or satellite receiver.

Since the last encryption scheme update in 2005, the ExpressVu and Dish Network systems in the United States, have been seriously compromised by satellite pirates who are using inexpensive Free-to-Air (FTA) receivers to illegally watch ExpressVu and Dish programming.

Last year, the Carmel Group estimated that more than 2 million homes in North America were pirating Bell ExpressVu and Dish Network Direct-to-Home (DTH) satellite television signals.

To combat the pirates, ExpressVu is introducing its new signal encryption system in a two step process. The first step is to issue new firmware updates to all Bell direct-to-home (DTH) satellite receivers. The firmware update is typically sent out by the company at night to selected receivers without any intervention by the subscriber.

Digital Home readers inform us that Bell has already begun upgrading the firmware in several satellite receivers including the ExpressVu 5100, 5800 and 5900 standard definition PVR's and 6100 HD receivers.

The second step in the update process is for subscribers to perform a card swap. In a national dealer bulletin issued earlier this month, the company informed dealers that all impacted clients will receive a letter in the mail with the new upgraded Conditional Access (CA) SmartCard and instructions on how to swap their cards.

Swapping the SmartCard on ExpressVu receivers is usually a simple process. On most ExpressVu receivers, the SmartCard is located at the front on the left hand side. The card fits into a small slot and, depending on the model, is either exposed or behind a protective panel.

The subscriber just removes the old card and slides in the new one. Some ExpressVu receivers may not have a SmartCard in the slot so the subscriber simply slides the new card in the free slot.

Once the new card is in place, customers can activate the new card online or via a toll free phone number. Bell says it will then take approximately 15 minutes to 2 hours for programming to return to normal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------

This comes from bev its self be sure dish will also do the same in short order so to all be sure to have a back up plan
Neosat states it is already ready for BEV Nagra 3 IKS but the demand for the neosat ipro units is great and when this change over happens it will be virtualy impossible to get hold of units with IKS or CS
so be warned and be ready for some down time

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3014
c/p
http://pajamasfta.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/drct-tv-rumor-corporate-espionage/

Did a Rupert Murdoch company go too far and hire hackers to sabotage rivals and gain the top spot in the global pay-TV war?

This is the question a jury will be facing in a spectacular five-year-old civil lawsuit that is finally being tried this month in California but which has, oddly, received little notice from U.S. media.

The case involves a colorful cast of characters that includes former intelligence agents, Canadian TV pirates, Bulgarian and German hackers, stolen e-mails and the mysterious suicide of a Berlin hacker who had been courted by the Murdoch company not long before his death.

On the hot spot is NDS Group, a UK-Israeli firm that makes smartcards for pay-TV systems like DirecTV. The company is a majority-owned subsidiary of Murdoch's News Corporation. The charges stem from 1997 when NDS is accused of cracking the encryption of rival NagraStar, which makes access cards and systems for EchoStar's Dish Network and other pay-TV services. Further, it's alleged NDS then hired hackers to manufacture and distribute counterfeit NagraStar cards to pirates to steal Dish Network's programming for free.

NagraStar and one of its parent companies, EchoStar, are seeking about $101 million for damages for piracy, copyright infringement, misconduct and unfair competition. The list of witnesses in the case includes EchoStar's founder and CEO Charlie Ergen; several hackers and pirates; and Reuven Hazak, an Israeli who heads security for NDS and is a former deputy head of Shabak, or Shin Bet, Israel's domestic security agency (the equivalent of Britain's MI5).

The case, which began April 9 in the U.S. District Court's Central Division in Santa Ana, California, could conceivably result in an award of hundreds of millions of dollars, although neither side is expected to emerge unscathed from testimony that threatens to expose the messy underbelly of the high-stakes pay-TV industry.

As if to emphasize this point, U.S. District Judge David O. Carter said after the proceedings began that he was concerned that the case would hinge on testimony from known lawbreakers like hackers and pirates, who have been employed by the companies on both sides of the lawsuit. The judge urged the plaintiffs and defendant to settle rather than face potentially devastating harm to their reputations.

EchoStar wouldn't comment on the case while it's ongoing, but Jim Davis, a senior analyst with the 451 Group, a market research firm, said the company isn't likely to settle.

"It gets taken very personal when your security product has been hacked," he said. "And to have a competitor do that through, allegedly, the services of a known hacker, has got to be particularly galling to NagraStar."

As for NDS, which currently has more than 75 million access cards on the market, Davis says the company probably sees the trial as an opportunity to defend against the image that it is "simultaneously promoting a product that secures networks while working with folks that work outside the law [to break networks]."

The company said in a statement to Wired.com: "We are confident our position will be upheld at a trial."

According to court documents, the scheme began to unravel in 2000 when law-enforcement agents in Texas seized suspicious packages containing CD and DVD players stuffed with more than $40,000 in cash. Parcels similar to this were being sent almost daily from Canada, via Texas, to a hacker in California named Christopher Tarnovsky, who was working for NDS as an engineer. The money was allegedly part of the conspiracy between Tarnovsky and NDS Group to sabotage NagraStar's cards.

As laid out in the allegations, NDS' hacking is said to have begun in 1997 after its own access cards were cracked and it was at risk of losing clients like DirecTV, which was being hit hard from pirates who were selling unfettered access to its system.

But rather than deal with its security breach, NDS hired Tarnovsky and other pirates who had compromised its system to help the company hack and pirate its competitors' cards and even out the playing field, it is alleged.

In addition to Tarnovsky, the company also hired Oliver Kommerling, a hacker known for writing the primer on cracking smartcards. Kommerling has acknowledged in an affidavit that he helped NDS set up a research lab in Haifa, Israel, where NagraStar's smartcard was allegedly cracked by NDS engineers.

NDS didn't hire only hackers, however. According to EchoStar/NagraStar, it also hired a handful of other people with colorful pasts who they say had a role in hacking and pirating EchoStar/NagraStar. There was Reuven Hazak, who had been deputy head of Israel's Shin Bet during the notorious Bus 300 incident (when two Palestinian terrorists who hijacked an Israeli bus were killed in custody by a Shin Bet agent. Hazak eventually blew the whistle on the subsequent cover-up).

NDS also hired a former U.S. Navy intelligence officer named John Norris and a former Scotland Yard commander named Ray Adams. Finally, it hired a former would-be terrorist, Yossi Tsuria, who became chief technical officer of its lab in Israel. Tsuria was part of a radical group of Jewish Israelis in the 1980s that plotted to bomb the Dome of the Rock -- a shrine that sits on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, a holy site for both Jews and Muslims.

NDS has maintained in public statements that Hazak, Norris and its other security officers were hired to help it track down hackers and pirates and get them arrested. But EchoStar and NagraStar allege that Hazak and Norris played central roles in committing hacking and piracy as well.

In late 1997, NDS researchers in Israel reportedly cracked the NagraStar card after about six months of effort, using an electron microscope.

NagraStar became aware its card was hacked in late 1998 when meeting with DirecTV to discuss the pay-TV company's desire to switch from the hacked NDS cards to NagraStar's cards. But DirecTV employees surprised NagraStar at the meeting when they informed NagraStar that its cards had also been hacked.

EchoStar/NagraStar claim that NDS, aware that DirecTV was about to abandon its cards in favor of NagraStar cards, cracked NagraStar's card to discourage DirecTV from making the switch.

After NDS cracked its rival's card, Tarnovsky and his associates allegedly created and sold counterfeit NagraStar cards through a piracy site based in Canada, among others, that allowed pirates to access Dish Network programs for free. Tarnovsky is also accused of later posting on the Canadian site the code, secret keys and instructions for hacking the microprocessor on EchoStar's access cards, allowing pirates to flood the market with even more cards. He has denied the allegations. Hazak and Norris are accused of providing Tarnovsky with the code so he could post it online, but NDS maintains this didn't happen.

According to court documents, the sabotage scheme worked remarkably well throughout 1998 and 1999 as counterfeit NagraStar cards flooded the market.

It was around this time, however, that a German hacker in Berlin known as Boris Floricic, aka Tron, disappeared while walking home from his parents' home one day. He was found several days later hanging from a belt in a park.

Among his possessions, authorities found correspondence from NDS. NDS later said it had offered Boris a job, which he had rejected. Prior to his death, Boris had obtained source code and information about hacking access cards that were being used in a German satellite TV system. His friends in the German hacker group, Chaos Computer Club, were convinced that he'd met with foul play.

Although his death was officially ruled a suicide, there were enough details around it to create suspicion. Floricic's feet were on the ground when he was found hanging, for example, and other evidence suggested that his body might have been placed in the park after he died.

During this time, NagraStar wasn't the only alleged victim of NDS hacking and piracy. In 2002, the French pay-TV service Canal Plus filed a damages suit against NDS, from which the EchoStar/NagraStar case emerged. In an affidavit from that case, Kommerling disclosed that NDS had cracked the Canal Plus cards using a method he had taught its engineers in Israel. Then, he revealed, the company instructed Tarnovsky to post the Canal Plus code on the internet.

The Canal Plus suit fizzled after its parent company, Vivendi Universal, struck a business deal with News Corporation that included a condition that Canal Plus would drop its suit against NDS. This is when EchoStar joined the litigation.

Before Canal Plus's case against NDS died, Tarnovsky indicated to the company that Reuven Hazak had given him the Canal Plus code to post it on the internet. He reportedly told the French firm he would testify in the case, but later backed out, citing fear for his life and his family.

In May 2002, two months after Canal Plus filed its suit, someone broke into the car of one of NDS' British employees and stole the hard drive from his laptop, making off with thousands of NDS documents and e-mails. EchoStar/NagraStar say the e-mails provide proof of NDS' hacking and piracy activities. NDS has suggested that the e-mails might be fabricated and has battled to keep them out of the court proceedings.

NDS has denied the lawsuit allegations. The company maintains that it was simply engaging in reverse-engineering, as any company would do to understand rivals and compete in the marketplace, but that it did not distribute cards or information about hacking NagraStar's encryption to pirates.

In an e-mail statement to Wired.com, the company took a dig at its competitor's competence and touted its superior skills.

"The hacking of EchoStar was the result of inferior technology arising from inadequate investment in research and development by [NagraStar]," said the statement. "NDS, on the other hand, invests heavily in research and development ... we reinvested over 30 percent of our revenues into R&D -- and the result is that we have zero piracy and the platforms of our customers are completely secure."

Gold Member

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3017
White Hawk is the most electronic illitrate I can ever imagine

I strongly recommend yo complete these following courses:

- Englic
- Physic
- Electronic
- Hystoric
- Gayomitry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »