SONY--KP46WT510-2003

CHRIS
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE ON THIS REAR PROJECTION

Kenny Lind
Just got one today. Delivered at 4PM CST. After about 5 hrs of use all I have to say is WOW!. This is a very nice set. Obviously great picture in HD and DVD, but surprisingly good analog picture as well. Most HD sets that I've seen are horrible at analog. I was torn between this set and the new Mitsubishi 48413. Both are great sets. Mistu has 64 convergence points, but they are all manually controlled only. The Sony has 42 convergence points and can be both auto and manually controlled. The auto setting is quite good. This is my first HD set and I am very pleased with it. The Sony has the upside of being able to handle 720p natively in addition to the standard 480i/480p/1080i. The Mitsubishi cannot handle 720p natively and upconverts it to 1080i. Both sets have DVI inputs and neither has firewire. FYI, I had a Mitsubishi 50" for the last 10 years and liked it a lot. I bought this at Sears last Saturday for $1598.49. They pricematched Circuit City at $1599 and gave 10% of the price difference back which only amounted to another $1.50 off. But they also had a deal running on a free progressive scan DVD player (which I also needed) or $79.99 towards any DVD player in the store and free delivery and no interest for 1 year and no accrued interest if you do not pay it off in a year. So I used the $79.99 towards the Sony DVP-NS725P DVD Player. I'm very pleased all the way around and highly recommend the Sony TV.

I agree with Kenny, I've had my SONY--KP46WT510 for 6 months now and it is incredible.. Digital TV is almost DVD/HD quality. Unfortunately I might have to sell it already, my wife had a architect draw up plans for our living room remolding project and the SONY KP46 is a little too big for the plans... :( Chris if your in the northeast PA area you might just get a steal on a 6 month old barely broken in SONY-KP46WT510..

hey... I'm new to this, but if you're selling the Kp46, could you contact me please? H_Katugaha@yahoo.com

Thanks a lot,

Harinda

I just got on this this yesterday....I wanted to upgrade my regular cables to like a component cables or monster cable...what would you recommend? also, I only has regular DirecTv as my viewing entertainment.....thanks

Brian
Each time I have compared the Sony to the Toshiba or the hitachi I can really see the difference in detail, it is amazing how much clearer the sony is than the Toshiba 46". Haven't bought yet my older brother has this Sony and likes it.My only concern is the brightness is almost turned up to max for the picture on the Sony and on the toshiba for the same brightness its only turned up to 25% or so, is that something to be concerned about, but there is no comparison in detail of the picture....

Rickster
where can i buy one from in the uk

Brian: if your still out there, run your set thru the the THX video test. (found on many DVD's these days) That can give you a standard to compare to.

I just bought the "510" and couldnt be happier. I was wondering though if it is worth buyng the Monster Power Circuitry outlet. I was told by the salesperson at Best Buy that it increases the quality of the picture. Is it worth the $149.00 price tag?

Also, anyone have the 510 stand for sale?

Thanks, Mike

Username: Errol

Post Number: 1
Hi All, anybody tried connecting a computer graphics dvi out to "510" dvi in? Would appreciate any feedback... Thanks

george
Unregistered guest
Anyone know the life-span for the color projectors on the KP46WT510?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us