Samsung HL-R6167w scrambled green screen, flashing lamp indicator but lamp on, no pic

Username: Hamw

Post Number: 1
My Samsung HLR 6167W has developed some interesting problems. The original problem started with a "scrambled picture", being horizontal green/pink striping slanted diiagonally to the left. I was able to fix this with some setting changes on the STB (motorola Comcast box) but it then came back and seems unadjustable. Interestingly the PIP is clear! I have checked the service menu and the TV projects the color bar pattern perfectly. I've tried several input variations and am neat the conclusion that there is a video processor problem.

Now, although I still have not solved the video problem it has other issues.
the lamp timer went off several months ago at <2200 hrs, and I simply removed the lamp housing and replaced it--worked fine. However, now, while the lamp seems to be OK, meaning the bulb is visibly on in the back of the set, there is no picture and the green "lamp" light on the center button is flashing.

We called samsung and their local service guys, "lakes electronics" emailed back and said it is the lamp only that needs to be replaced, to the tune of nearly $400. Of course that's not going to fly.

Any insight into these issues? The video processing problems seem weird, and the lack of a picture although the lamp is on is also weird. What about the green flashing "lamp" light when the lamp itself is on?

thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us