Audiovox plasma - sound but no picture

Username: Tushy

Post Number: 1
I'm hoping you can help me. I recently acquired an Audiovox FPE4216P that is not working.

The previous owner said part of the screen was redish in the top center then extended across the top and down through the center. Then one day, while watching it simply turned off.

Now there is sound but no picture, the power light turns blue but the set shuts down after about 3min.

In addition, there's an LED on the board labeled 667-PH42FB6-20 or 782-PH42D8-200A in the back that does not light up.

Does this indicate this is the board that is bad or does anyone know what may be wrong?

Thanks.

Username: Tushy

Post Number: 2
New Symptoms:

So one of the fuses in the YSUS board (6871QYH953A) were blown. Upon replacing it, the TV will not stay on. It comes out of standby for about a second (light goes blue from red) then goes back into standby. After this happens, the led on what I think is the power supply board (667-PH42FB6-20/782-PH42D8-200) will come on and stay lit.

If I press power again, nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Username: Booberbird

Morro Bay, CA United States

Post Number: 1
My set is 14 mo old and yesterday while on it suddenly switched off. buttons did not work to turn it on again though the red power light was on. I unplugged it and replugged it and it then turned on. The picture is there but its fadded and has areas of black pixalation in it. It's over warrenty and I just don't know what to do. What happened and will it cost over $500 as a repair shop told me on the phone? This was a gift to me and I'm on Social Security so I'm kind of shaken by this.
Thanx, Lee
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us