Samsung HLN467WX/XAA Negative Image - Strobe Flashes

Username: Smoker

Graland, Tx USA

Post Number: 1
Newbie here. I've been doing a lot of searches for my recent (and 1st) problem with my DLP. I've had it for almost 5 years so I can't complain. I've learned a lot from doing several searches on this forum. Great stuff!

One thing I have not been able to find is how to find out how many hours the bulb has on it. I was told one time to punch "mute, 1, 8, 2, power" on the remote and the hours would show. That's not working. Did I get the wrong sequence?

The main issue I have is very similar to a posting from SLambrecht on 1/2/2007. After a period of running for an hour or so I see negative images through the screen, kind-of like lightning flashes. Eventually the three LEDs come on and the system shuts down. Later it will power up just fine and then do the same thing.

I never found an update from SLambrecht as to what fixed his but it sounds like the digital board is bad. I'm sure Samsung won't help in this matter since it's about 5yrs old.

Garland, Tx USA

Post Number: 2
Update:

The DMD was replaced just a few days ago and it didn't correct the problem. After 2-3 hours it starts to freak out again. I suppose next is the color wheel.

Garland, Tx USA

Post Number: 3
Well, this week the color wheel was replaced. For the past few days we let it run for several hours and nothing happened. In other words, IT'S FIXED. I guess after a couple hours the motor heated up to a point it didn't maintain it's speed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us