Disq Switch Problem

Username: Rockets08

Post Number: 7
My switch (4 to 1) was working fine for about a week and now it's acting up. I only used 2 inputs with an obvious 1 output. Now I have to disconnect one of the inputs in order to view one satellite and vice versa. I've tried another switch (2 to 1) but same thing with disconnecting in order to view. What could have gone wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2353
Ken
check your satellite setup
Delete sat, setup it and rescan

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 255
Ken
Are you using a TV Splitter or a DiSEqC
Switch?

Upload

Upload

Username: Slithy

Post Number: 3
is your switch outside? how long is the cable to your sat(s) ?

Username: Rockets08

Post Number: 9
Plymouth: I was wanting to avoid that but guess I'll give it a try
Whitehawk: It's a disq switch NOT a splitter
Slithy: Inside; 1 is 100 ft., the other which uses the house wiring to get to the tv so don't know how long

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 2757
Hey Hawk
He says on his first line is a switch and was working fine for a week it was plain english language T.F.R. that hybrid sw in photo is a multi purpose splitter/combiner mainly to use to combine/split cable service with satellite signal.

Ken
Anytime yo make changes in coax cables while receiver on can cause voltage/current spikes and possibly can damage skinny coil inside DISEqC switch best advice always turn off receiver before changing cables a simple unplug of cable in back of receiver easily damage one-input or more of that Switch

time to buy another $5 or $6 off e-bay

Username: Extremetester04

Post Number: 8
ken if you have dp twin /quad lnb there is no need for a disq switch take it out .. then in antenna set up inside receiver select dp as lnb type for 119w and 110w then put disq/ port settings as this 119w on disq/port # 1 and 110w on disq/port # 2

Username: Extremetester04

Post Number: 9
ken dp lnb has disq switch built in lnb !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us