Receivers Still not Working (2-3) Weeks Later

Bronze Member
Username: Satelliteremotecontrol66

Post Number: 12
Hello There

A ew weeks ago, I came looking for advice and help. Alot of you helped m out, and we even managed to get some of my Receivers to work, though just briefly.

Now, (2-3) weeks later, same boat, same problem. I am lost with this. Here are the facts:

Original Brand New Pansat 2700's

All Receivers directly hooked to their own Dish.

No Quality on Any Receivrs
99% automatically reads for Level on All Rceivers

No Channels or Transponders will scan/load

I have done hard reboot
factor bin load
hard reboot
load newest file
Nothing

Unplug forever, nothing happens.

There is just nothing. Nothing will scan on any machine, for either 110, 119, or 91.

I have loaded old bins, newest bins, factory bin, etc. No machine will scan a channel or transponder. No Quality for anything.

Any last day of trying help or advice?

Sincerely,

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2774
post you set up
how many dish's
switch
how cables are routed
how many receivers and what brand

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Hello There

(1) Dish running to (1) Receiver Pansat 2700 Original locked on Bell 91

(1) Dish running to (1) Rceiver Pansat 2700 Original locked on Dish 110

(1) Dish running to (1) Rceivers Pansat 2700 Original locked on Dish 119

It's (3) Seperate Dishes, and (3) Seperate Rceivers. One Cable running from the Dish LNB to the Rceiver, for each system.

Everything was perfect for the longest time. Then about (3-5) weeks back, woke up one morning, and all (3) Rceivers said No Signal. Turnedoff at back, turned back on. Nothing.

About (2-3) weeks back, I came here, and asked for help. I was told the rceivers weren't dead, just to do certain things. I tried. (2) of the rceivers lit up, and actually scanned channels.

However, only (1) Rceivers scanned properly. The Bell one, only scanned Horizontal, not Vetical. The one Dish Receiver scanned both H & V. The other Rceovers just never worked.

Worked for (2-3) days, then woke up, and same thing. been dead again now for (2-3) weeks.

I can factory reset, re load factory bin, load newest bin, and nothing. No Quality for anything. Level always reads 99% for anything.

No Transponders found it always says. I am lost with this?

Sincerely,

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2775
provided you have loaded latest bin from this week
post your antenna settings for all three receivers

Silver Member
Username: Dimwitt

Post Number: 683
0% quality reading? Capacitors c13-c14 replacement quide

www.future-fta.info/Forums/showthread.php?t=50468

Silver Member
Username: Free_tver

Post Number: 116
here is your solution for your 99% 0% problem. you have two capasitors blown on your power pcb board. open you box and look at the yellow pcb board(the small one) you will see capasitor 13 and 14 are blown.(they appear bubbled up at the top instead of flat like the others and may also have a small leak.) you will need to remove this pcb and then unsolder the two capasitors. go to radioshack and buy the similar capasitors. i say similar because the pansat capasitors are 470uf 16v while the ones radio shack carries are 470uf 32v. they work perfectly fine though.(only $1.50 per capasitor). take them home and solder them in place. be sure to note the positive and negative side of the capasitor... they will need to be placed in the same way. put it back together and it will be working like new. if you dont have a soldering iron, that and solder with resin core will run you an additional $15. it is really easy. sorry for any typos but i am writing this on my phone.

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2776
could the capacitors have been blown on all 3 receivers?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Hello There

Thank You. That is what I am going to do. Nothing else works, and I checked inside the units, and they are puffy on top. I will let you know when I have picked up the materials, and completed the work.

Thanks again,

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Free_tver

Post Number: 118
it has happened on two of mine at the same. don't know how it happens that way. but it did. easy fix though.

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 313
Get Down! With your bad capacitator replacing Radio Shack shopping selves!

Bronze Member
Username: Nakedguy

Post Number: 36
I once heard of a guy having 4 flat tires the same day....I never believed him btw

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10647
Whenever there is excessive demand than the situation can cope with something gives.
If there is excessive power draw from LNBs/switches, this can happen. Happens more on Pansat 3500 and on earlier Viewsats, perhaps because they have designed wrong caps into the board.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15680
Whatever the problem is, it's UNIQUE!...

Never heard of 3 independent simple systems going down at same time in over 10 years of testing!..odds are a million to one...unless U had a major windstorm, that moved each dish...or huge trees growing in line of sight!

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1616
I don't know if this will help but I kinda had trouble with " No Quality "
I realized it was my cable that was connected to the receiver from the dish/switch . I replaced it and now things are fine again.

Gold Member

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2781
i agree with this

LK
Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15680

Posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 - 10:25 am: Edit Post
Whatever the problem is, it's UNIQUE!...

Never heard of 3 independent simple systems going down at same time in over 10 years of testing!..odds are a million to one...unless U had a major windstorm, that moved each dish...or huge trees growing in line of sight!

Bronze Member
Username: Nakedguy

Post Number: 38
To have 3 go down at once(independently hooked up) might be because of something "REALLY BAD" as a child and this is your comeupance or whatever from the ALMIGHTY???

might want to look up a good sinners prayer

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 10649
Put a 15 amp fuse on a electrical circuit. Use an appliance that might just overload it. The fuse burns out.
Replace with another fuse, turn on the appliance and the fuse burns out.
Replace it with a third 15 amp fuse and the fuse burns out.
There is nothing unusaual about it.

This guy has identical receivers on system that might be causing the power supply or the caps to die. And he did that two or three times. He used the normal testing procedure of trying another receiver in place of the first one, when the first one was not working.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us