Panasonic TH-42PZ77U

Silver Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 165
just hooked up this tv it replaced a TH42PX and it the picture does not look as sharp as the other one, it's good but not as good.

I have it through a HD cable box with HDMI going from the box to the TV...

One of the differences I noticed was that you can change the aspect on HD channels on the z where on the X you couldn't. I have it set on full..is that correct?

I know I have it hooked up the same..I took a picture and labeled all the cables..I must say I am a bit disappoined right now.

Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3817
Many people have complained of this, it's the anti-glare screen of the new TV vs the anti-reflective screen of the other TV. If you've got a lot of light in the room, the AG screen is better, if not, the AR is better.

Silver Member
Username: Hoosier_daddy

Post Number: 168
Thanks. One other question. When watching some HD shows the black seems to blend in with everything.

IE: while watching 2.5 men two people were standing together with dark suits and I couldn't see any details they were just kind of merged together.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 342
A couple of things. Like David says, the filtering on the 77u didnt make some folks very happy.

That being said, you should at least try to calibrate the new set using AVIA/DVE or some set up disk.

AS far as the black crush, a lot of folks do better on this issue with component cabling over HDMI, something I am sure you dont want to hear, since component wont pass 1080 signal from, for instance, a blu ray player due to copy protection codec imbedded in the hi def signal.

also check the settings on the HD-cable box if present. so if its a hi def channel set it to 1080, but if its a standard def channel set it to 480, and if its espn might try 720 or 1080 and see which is best, if either.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us