Best way to do an auto scan for local tv channels?

Bronze Member
Username: Baileygirl

Post Number: 37
I was getting all of the channels on 110 and 119 but no local channels (I am in Traverse City, Michigan) so yesterday I did a autoscan and I am only now getting the 110 channels, no 119. I have a viewsat ultra (newest version) receiver, dishprodual lnbf and dish500 dish, I obviously will need the new sat file before I can try this again but wanted to ask in the interim...Is there a uniform way to do an autoscan for both 110 and 119, do I have to have the receiver on a specific tv channel, like 200 perhaps? Can somebody send me the ideal way to do this. I thought I was doing an auto scan on 119 and then 110 but now I am only getting 110 channels, please help.

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 651
Baileygirl..first of all you need a new bin file to do anything right now and i know you know about that..
second NO you don't need any specific TV channel to do an AUTOSCAN..

or maybe you forgot to AUTOSCAN the 119..or maybe you just scanned the 110 only..
if you did scan the 119 but no channels now go back and check your Satellite Setup again on 119 to see if anything have change...the LNB TYPE and the Diseqc Port..

Bronze Member
Username: Baileygirl

Post Number: 38
Thank you Metallica, I will try that.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2097
Baileygirl
When you do a autoscan, scan one by one
Dont scan 2 sats in same time

Silver Member
Username: Luser

Post Number: 235
OK first you don't need to wait for new file to scan channels.It makes no difference for scanning. Second make sure while in antenna setup the name of the sat your changing the settings for pops up in the upper right of screen and matches the one atop the settings list and has good Q signal. Once thats been sorted out go to channel scan menu select delete sat. Dont worry it only deletes the channels. Then with network scan option on, scan channels. Do same for both 110/119. Should have no problems with viewsat.

Silver Member
Username: Metallica

Post Number: 653
Now she don't need any new file to scan but yesterday when Baileygirl ask that question at 5:52pm when all the FTA went down i though she need the new file first..
But a few hours later all the channels came back No file need it..LMAO..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us