BEV Dish how does it work?

Bronze Member
Username: Hi09

Post Number: 71
So recently i had Bell come in to install Bell Express View, i decided i wanted to cancel it, so they asked me to send the recievers back, but never removed the sat. it is a sat. i have a Viewsat Extreme reciever that is sitting in the basement, concidering the SAT is hooked up and ready, can i use the viewsat to pick up BEV now? can any one give me some guidance as to what i need to do?
i know its a vague question but some guidance if its possible and how i need to start.
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3261
yes you can use ur viewsat extreme reciever to pick up bell channels..

stuff you need.
you need a viewsat loader.. just google it..
go to any fta sites. check nalin' nydas post for fta sat website..
such as [link removed]
[link removed] also have lot of info..
by the way how much bell charge u as penalty.

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2633
go to www.ftaforall.net
for all files

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
its a dish that has (from what i gather) a SW switch. the Sat has two LNBs on it, and from what i remeber the guy said it has two because one of the reciveres i got wa an HD, so one LNB is for HD i guess.

in any case, i had a viewsat extreme that i used to use in my old home for dish network.

i installed factory bin on it, then installed: DBPSW-080424X-1.PGM

and did a channel scan, it seemes to have caught a bunch of channels, but once i press save and pick a channel it just says auto roll processing and nothing happens...

can someone advise what i may be doing wrong, and also which satellite should i be pointing too??

thank you!!

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2638
ok you are all set this is what you need to do
do a hard reboot ( switch off and on from back)
make sure your auto roll is on
leave it on any one channel until picture comes up,it may take up to 10 minutes
do not keep changing channels until picture comes up

enjoy

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
well one thing is i have a sw switch on the sat do i need to do anything special for that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
ok so looks like i am having trouble making progress... so this is what i did - initially i had just installed the latest bin.

i went to installation - antenna setup and selected the satellite called NIMIQ 1,3 91 w

here is how the setup looks:

Satellite: Nimiq 1,3 91.0W
LNB Power on
LNB TYPE ocs-DP
LNB Freq 11250
22khz: off
TP Freq 12224
DiSEQC1.0 Port 2 (i just picked this one dont know if its right or no)
Motor OFF
Legacy SW None

before DiSEQC1.0 was set to none but i changed it since it seems i have that sw switch

so let me describe the switch, it looks like a car amplifier
there are two LNB and two coax cables coming out of each paking a total of 4 cables coming our, one to each port on the one side of the switch
then on the other side of the switch there are 3 cables going out one to each room with a reciver (receiver are now gone, bell issued ones that is, )

after i made those settings i went in and did a blind scan.... and as it scanned i could see the little graphs flying around, it found a bunchof channels, so i then went to one and it just sat on auto roll, but what bugged me was under auto roll it said NIMIQ 2 82 (im dont know why i did not select this)

then i went into antenna setup again and this time the satellite defaulted to EchoStar 3 i duno why - so i set it back to NIMI1,3 but now it just sits on searching signal

so i tried an auto scan

during which the graphs were like:

s between 53/54 and sometime jumping to 75

Q mostly sat on 0 but when it found a channel jumped to 86/87 or 90 (but whenever it did find a channel under status it said locked - i dont know what that means)

anyways still same thing i.e. searching singnal and whenever i go back to antenna setup seems its default sat is echostar - now i dont know if that the sat its trying to talk to or if its just the first sat that is auto highlighted

anyways that is where i sit - can anyone give me some more guidance as to what i can do now?

Bronze Member
Username: Thugged

Post Number: 12
well for starters change the lnb type to standard instead of ocs-dp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
i did that same issue

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
so i got it to default and re set everything did a proper scan

91 seems to be working okay but all the internationals are still sitting on auto roll - but the thing that i cant understand is how does the receiver know that when i select a channel e.e 611 which is Zee TV(indian) how does the receiver know which sat to use, i.e. 82 not 91, because right now when i select that channel - at the bottom left it says NIMIQ1,3 91 - and just sits on auto rolling, i mean technically it can auto roll all it wants, it wont work if its trying to catch the channel from a sat that does not host that channel am i right?

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 2087
write you sat config.
do a factory default
do a hard reboot
reload last bin
and reconfig sat
autoscan ll sat
Good luck

Silver Member
Username: Drmunna

Post Number: 356
YOUR SETTINGS NOT SAVING WHAT SAT ON WHAT PROPERLY,, IF IT SAY NIM 1 FOR 611(WHICH IS CHARLIE CHANNEL#, MEANS SAT NAME AND ACTUAL SAT ARE DIFF.

About your original Question I dont know about switch, dish you can use i guess.
HAS ANY1 DONE THIS BFORE??
what he sayin is he trying to use whole *authentic* bell set up except receiver

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 3266
how many bev dishes you have.. both 82 and 91 or just 91..
all international channels are on 82 dish
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us