Mitsubishi DLP HDMI Issues for Some Devices

Username: Rvacs

Post Number: 1
I loved Mitsubishi with 3 past purchases...but frustrated with this DLP WD-65734

OK. When I plug my Apple TV or Playstation PS3 into any HDMI slot it will not work at 1080..

Apple will downconvert to 480p or something...but can't get 1080i.

The PS3 - I can hook up via HDMI and when I set it to 1080p (which the tv supports) then soon as a Blue-Ray movie starts it goes Blue Screen (like there is NO video connected). (Regular DVD's work fine)

I know there is nothing wrong with the Apple TV or PS3. I tried the Apple TV on a LCD and 1080i no probs with HDMI.

Now if I connect both of these via COMPONENT connection (Red Green Blue) no problems at 1080. So why is the HDMI ports on the Mitsubishi picky on what type of devices they support at 1080 ??

Support is NO help and they blame the manufacturers (Apple / Sony).

Again HDMI very picky...why? Component is fine...but I like the whole 1 hdmi cable deal...

Can't find any settings in the Mitsubishi menu to set the resolution...I guess it only Auto Detects.

Username: Dee_double_yu

Post Number: 1
I've been looking closely at a 65" Mitsubishi DLP but haven't pulled the trigger yet. The specs on www.mitsubishi-tv.com show:

65736,65735: HDMI 1.3a
65833,65734,65733: HDMI 1.3

I'm not sure what the "a" is for. Apple? (doubt it)

The 65736 & 65735 are listed as "NEW", so perhaps they made some tweaks to the HDMI inputs. I don't know if these newer models will still have the problem you describe.

This probably doesn't help unless you have an option of returning your set & getting one of these newer ones. If you can do this, be sure to test this theory first. HDMI 1.3a may have the same issue.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2264
­
Dave, there is very little difference between the 1.3a and 1.3 specs, so I doubt that this would account for Richard's problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#HDMI_1.3

Richard, two questions come to mind. Does the PS3 work when 1080i is selected? When you selected 1080p on the PS3, did you select 1080p/24?
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us