Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1866
Out of zone
You need bigger dish

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Post Number: 209
plymouth...bigger dish won't help.you will miss lot of channels .no matter what.

Bronze Member
Username: Chow

Post Number: 43
same thing here in s cali getting only even tp's nothing on odd tp's maybe it doesnt send signals that low for us

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Post Number: 211
only even tps shows signal from 82. and 91 show sig from odd tps only. tried 30" one time. No difference.i,m in north cali

Gold Member
Username: Kirankumar

NO Bashing

Post Number: 2519
Florida is NO GO for 82 period
out of range

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Quebec city, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1869
With bigger dish you can take more channels, when you are out of range.

Silver Member
Username: Mucho

Post Number: 181
C/P
How to calculate what size dish you need for your location

You can use this chart to help find out what size dish you will need by looking at the footprint of the satellite your trying to receive. Just look at the footprint image for the satellite your wanting and find where you are on the map. Then take the EIRP value for that area and look for it on the chart and see what the recommended dish size is.

For example, I live in Tampa Florida and I would like to view KU channels on Telstar 5, By looking at the footprint map I can see the EIRP value for my area is 48 which means I should have at least a 65 cm dish (25 inch dish). Since I have a 75cm dish (31 dish) I'm good to go.

For most of the continental US you can use a 75cm dish. Fringe areas may need a 90cm or larger dish depending on which satellite your trying to obtain signal from. You can use this chart to double check to see if a 75cm dish will be large enough.

EIRP - Abbreviation for Effective-Isotropic-Radiated-Power

Ku Band - the frequency range from 10.5 to 17 GHz; in satellite communications, the frequency band 13.75 to 14.50 GHz for transmission, and 10.7 to 12.75 GHz for reception

(dBW) KU Dish Size
(centimeter) KU Dish Size
UploadUpload

Bronze Member
Username: Chow

Post Number: 44
great info white halk i tried every dish and lnb there is on the market trust me,from southern cali on odd tp's cannot get the signals jump from 0-25% and thats it for nimiq2 82w.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us